Memorial No Shows...Please Check in....

by ISP 110 Replies latest jw friends

• Latte
    Latte

First memorial I have missed in over 30 years. I found something better to do....wasn't difficult!

There's no way that I wanted to be part of their figures.

Latte

• chezza
    chezza

I did not attend the memorial for the second year in a row, last year because i felt hypocritical to go and this year coz i woke to the lies i had been taught most of my life.

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Was invited by former PO. Motherinlaw and other family members did not call or invite. This is my second year of not attending.

My sis, who lives a four hour drive from here, called to tell me her plans (I wasn't home yet) and called after memorial (I still wasn't home). She hasn't called back, nor have I called her. Think it's pretty funny that she hasn't called me for a couple of weeks until memorial night, even tho' I left her a message last weekend.

Enjoyed the posts about the "Fashion Show." We have always been too poor to go out and buy new outfits to "bury Jesus" as my husband calls it. Where I came from they used to dress to the nines - formal wear, hats, etc. Think my dad buys a new suit every year just for memorial (he's financially comfortable).

Misty: Last year, my oldest and I stayed home while the youngest and her father went. I remember looking at the clock at 8pm and saying out loud "we're not dead!" It was a strange evening for us. The oldest was just 18 and had never missed a memorial in her life. I have not missed ever, starting attending when I was 5 (I'm 40 something now). Next year you will feel better about missing. There are more meaningful ways to remember Jesus and not have to wait a whole year to express appreciation for what he has done. Thinking back on all those years, the talk was always the same - it seemed like people were just going through the motions, not really seriously appreciating the meaning of the event. Which is why I don't think the Dubs understand what Christ is all about. (That's a whole 'nother subject.) As for the 'friends', they've written us off a long time ago, even before we quit attending regularly. We have since developed much more meaningful friendships with people who have never been witnesses...very good people. They do exist. Best wishes to you in your journey out of the Borg!

• termite 35
    termite 35

Hi all ; I went to the gym; then for a drink.I was truly STUNNED not to get an invite this year first time in 12 or 13 years-I guess they don't want me then!!i'm going on an Easter Egg hunt tomorrow morning; and attended the school Easter service on Friday which was SO NICE; lots of poems saying 'thankyou jesus, for chicks and chocolate' etc,etc!!!Watched Charlton Heston dragging the Cross up the hill with the children.(not literally!).. .now feel perfectly saintly and after giving due thought to situation, feel totally justified in eating all my eggs tomorrow;before breakfast, of course.HAPPY EASTER!XXX

• Prisca
    Prisca

Didn't go.

Didn't get an invite either. Wouldn't have gone anyway.

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Haven't been in at least 10 years-I'm not gonna break my streak

Nuff Said,
    Cowboy

We ride and never worry about the fall
    I guess that's just the cowboy in us all

• ISP
    ISP

Nice one, Prisca..was that your first memorial-miss?

ISP

• avengers
    avengers

nope. didn't go. I didn't get an invite either.
    Last time I went was 3 years ago.

• Prisca
    Prisca

ISP, that was the second Memorial I've missed (born and bred a JW). Last year felt a little strange, but this year it wasn't so bad. Kept myself busy - that helped too.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

This was the very first memorial I have missed. Very strange feeling. I stayed at the office overtime. I think if I had been at home I would have accompanied my family. I even planned to be home on time but I think I subconsciously forgot about the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit