Memorial No Shows...Please Check in....

by ISP 110 Replies latest jw friends

• Ashraven
    Ashraven

I'm not even sure what day it falls on anymore. Once removed, it's gone completely from my life. My family doesn't even bother anymore -YEEHAAAA!!
    It's the witnesses "Easter Celebration!" Not sure how everyone else prepared for the memorial each year when "active," but my mom would take us out and buy us cutesy new dresses, sometimes hats (aka "Easter Bonnets"), new shoes, you name it. For one night. For 1 hour or so.
    It should come as no surprise to them that I'm bitter...
    A-

An apology for the devil - it must be remembered that we have only heard one side of the case. God has written all the books...
    ~Samuel Butler~

• Solace
    Solace

Me, go to the memorial?
    My family quit inviting me last year.
    They are probably afraid that I will partake since I believe everyone should, not just the 144,000.
    I actually forgot about it untill my sister mentioned it a few minutes ago while we were having coffee. "Well, the memorial is in 20 minutes" she says. "wanna go"? Im like, Uhhhh, lets not........
    My older sister was invited by a J.W. friend today so she decided to finally drop the bomb and tell her that she didnt believe in the org. so she didnt feel the need to go. This was a big step for my sister because she has been sitting on the fence for awhile. She knew how she felt but always kept quiet to keep peace.
    She asked her J.W. "friend" not to mention anything to our J.W. family about her disbelief and the woman said, "Why wouldnt you want your family to know, shouldnt they know how you feel?" My sister, like myself, is careful and only used scriptures to prove her disbeliefs but Im pretty sure this J.W. "friend" of hers wont be keeping any secrets and she will be getting some phone calls tonight from our family.
    And those are the days of our lives..................................
    [8>]

• Makena1
    Makena1

Just polishing off some last minute paper work at the office. Wifey is in Maui due back tomorrow morning- having dinner with the other managers at the office - a going away party for our IT person who will be missed. Will open a magnum bottle of some nice reserve chard - should wash down the paella nicely.

Princess - may miss most of Survivor - fill me in later with the highlights?

Cheers everyone!
    Mak

2nd anniversary MIA ;)

Some men worship rank, some worship heroes, some worship power, some worship God, & over these ideals they dispute & cannot unite--but they all worship money.
    - Mark Twain

• Mulan
    Mulan

I was with Princess, my daughter, this afternoon, when my JW buddy called (on my cell phone) to see what I was doing. She said to tell Rachel she was inviting her to the Memorial (she says this sarcastically). Rachel says "Gee thanks. But Survivor is on tonight."

Me....the Memorial. NO WAY!!! What a ridiculous ritual it is. I am embarrassed I ever went. EVER!!!

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• messenger
    messenger

This will make my second memorial to miss, last year I celebrated by partaking of barbaque ribs and cold beer. This year I am having fresh brownies and a cold glass of milk. No, I do not claim to be part of the "heavenly" class nor the "earthly" class, I now have too much class to associate with religious retards.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I would rather have a sister in a whore house than set foot in another Kingdom Hall. [>:(]

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• alamb
    alamb

checking in.
    This is my second miss.
    I am at home, burning my Silentlambs candle and associating with the other apostates.
    Somehow it means more.

• Princess
    Princess

Makena, will update this evening re:Survivor. Glad to know you watch too. I feel so alone! My husband hates it.

Princess

• Xander
    Xander

I would rather have a sister in a whore house than set foot in another Kingdom Hall.

Now, see, first time I read through that too fast and got:

"I would rather set foot in a whore house than set foot in another Kingdom Hall"

So, I didn't really see the point of the quote. I mean, YEAH

Anyway, this the second year missing it for the wife and I. No biggie - her family did mention it, but not mine.

Now, about tonight. Full moon, isn't it? Isn't there some kind of pagan blood-letting ritual I need to do on holy ground tonight? Does the front lawn of the kindgom hall count? Close enough??

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana
  • Ranchette
    Ranchette

This is my second year to miss after attending 34 years in a row before.

Don't miss it.

Not one ounce of guilt or saddness.

I'm not lost and those who claim otherwise are lost themselves.

Ranchette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit