Memorial No Shows...Please Check in....

by ISP 110 Replies latest jw friends

• KD
    KD

There is an active JW at my company. We spoke briefly for a while and when I started to leave, he was shocked when I wished him a good time tonight. As for me, I will find the biggest cigar that money will buy, open an ice cold molson and watch the Thursday night double feature of "JAG".

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

Nope as a matter of fact its startig in my old cong. right now!
    Thought i`d come here instead ...................Jedd

• Earnest
    Earnest

I was there tonight. I also considered celebrating it with my family at home, Misty. I had the red wine and some chapattis which I thought qualified as unleavened bread...I felt quite sure it would be more meaningful for us to have it as a family just as the Israelites did at passover. Maybe next year if all the family are comfortable with it then.

Earnest

• ISP
    ISP

Haha! Gwen.....keep on back-sliding!
    Simon...'touch and go'...really? You that bad! lol!

ISP

• Undecided
    Undecided

Well, after thinking about it for a while I decided that I wouldn't go, it might start them comming by again and I just don't want to be bothered. I never missed one for 60 years, I think that was enough. I used to drink the wine after the ceremony because most of the time I bought it when I was the PO. I'll just have a Bud tonight.

Ken P.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Just brought my wife to the Kingdom Hall, shot the breeze for a minute with a couple of old buddies out in the parking lot, then drove off. Having my own glass of wine right now!! Will head back and pick my wife up in 40 minutes or so, then, in a wee bit of irony, I'm off to a local watering hole to photograph another ex-JW who is performing there tonight.

My second non-Memorial, after 40 years without missing one. To me it's a strong statement of exactly how I feel about that silly religion.

S4

• jaded
    jaded

Hubby just left for the Memorial. This is the first time I've missed it. Feels a bit strange. Guess brainwashing can be hard to get over. If I went I would feel like such a hypocrite, and we all know that there are already enough of those at the KH. Wonder if hubby will talk to anyone and where he will say that I am. Hmmm.

• Scully
    Scully

wasn't invited

they don't want me there, i guess

their loss

Love, Scully

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Yep, my first time as a no-show at the memorial, too.

I took my wife, dropped her off, and then executed a smart turn in the parking lot and exited. Picked up a few glances from the bro's on parking and hand-shake duty.

Another major binding cut. Another move in the chess game.

Expatbrit

• Will Power
    Will Power

You're right scully, their loss.

I'm thinking of ya'll who have decided to take a stand tonight, which ever way you went. It will be the real YOU you'll be seeing in the mirror in the morning.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit