Hubby and Wifey saying Hi

by free and happy 75 Replies latest jw friends

• ingimar
    ingimar

I would love for my husband to read both of your posts. He is just being redoctrined into the JW's and I know that he has some doubts but feels pressured by many things. I am trying to subtley plant some seeds of doubt in his mind.

Thank goodness that you did some outside research on blood transfusions. Not only did you save your daughter's life but you were also freed from the holds of this cult.

I admire both of you.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Welcome, it was sad to read your story, but it had a happy ending! I was a cruiser too, and so I've had to do a lot of studying to catch up on my basic Bible knowledge (that I thought I already had!) while mentally leaving the religion. For people like me, it usually takes an external poke of some kind, sometimes painful, to be motivated to stop going with the flow and think critically about the organization. I admire the ones who were thinking critically from a young age, but there's many more like us than like them. It's human nature!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome free and happy and GoneAwol and thank you for posting about your experiences. Writing about your experience may help other visitors to join JWN because they related to your experiences. Please post often.

You were soooo lucky to be able to leave together and to resolve your cult indoctrination.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• free and happy
    free and happy

Thank you for all your kind words, it feels such a relief to have said finally how I feel, my family is so much happier and more together since we left.

It's funny though, after 5 years of not going,we still have the hall keys! ooh! the mischief!!!

• excitesinceredetermination
    excitesinceredetermination

Free and happy & Gone Awol you did the right thing, you should be proud of the courageous stand you took to save your daughter. True friends would be genuinely happy...her life was saved my goodness, really people!

More and more are seeing the 'being kicked while you are down' That is what woke me up too, it is all words of support and gushing love...but when you're suffering and need your friends, they are gone. Worse yet, like you said, snarling with haughty disapproval. There is so much more to life!

A VERY WARM WELCOME TO YOU BOTH!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

'Family from hell' LOL - reminds of a congregation I used to be in and all the politicking. backstabbing shenanigans directed at my family. Briefcase on platform - nice touch.

Welcome, free and Awol.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Welcome

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Welcome Free and Happy & Gone Awol. So glad to hear that you saved your daughter's life and that she didn't end up as another statistic due to the WT blood doctrine. I loved the case left on the platform...priceless! Leslie

• cantleave
    cantleave

Congratulation and welcome.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Welcome!

[OMG the newbs are signing up in pairs now!]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit