Hubby and Wifey saying Hi

by free and happy 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Gadget
    Gadget

I'm glad you both made it out ans managed to look after your daughter. I used to work in the food tent at murrayfield too, packing the fruit bags.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

A Warm Welcome to you

• free and happy
    free and happy

Thank you to everyone for their kind words, it really warms my heart to find people who truely understand what we have gone through and have gone through similar experiences. Our family is so much happier and its a pleasure to see our children grow up "normal", making friends who really want to be their friends and do not have an agenda! I think if i'm honest i'm a bit jealous of them, as a born in you were encouraged to have only friends in the jws as everyone else would pull you away from Jehovah, unfortunately for me , I grew up in a very small, old cong with only 4 young people! When our family moved to a town where I met my husband, there were plenty to choose from but they were all leading what the jws call "double lives", people outside the cong had better morals but they were made out to be evil. When we left the meetings, our so called friends went too,in fact I often thought if it wasn't for the meetings would I actually choose these people as my friends often the answer being" you must be joking!" so I found myself in my late 30's with no friends and again if i'm being totally honest, not knowing how to make a friend! Thats sad isn't it.

Luckily for me, I have some very lovely work colleagues who know everything I have gone through and actually like me for me and my husband and I have made some nice friends from the dark side, just normal people who truely want to spend time with us because they like us! Not so evil after all!

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Everyone! I am seriously overwhelmed! Big hugs to everyone. (and a kiss to Granny! )

GoneAwol...for good

• besty
    besty

awesome - welcome to the rest of your life :-)

see besty and sweetpea for details...

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Welcome you too, great to have you here. Thanks for sharing your story - a lot of pain to go through to get to this happy place. If ever you're down in London you'll find a warm welcome at ours - we don't venture up to Scotland much these days although JW family is up there . . .

Absolutely loved your exit - very classy. Time over again I wish we'd done something similar.

Sam

• whathappened
    whathappened

We love you here. Stay here with us. Thank you for sharing your story.

• newsheep
    newsheep

A well thought out exit. Looking forward to hearing more from you both.

It's great when a couple can leave together.

• mouthy
    mouthy

GoneAwol. Thanks for the I wish you were here I would give you a big

Gadget Your a very naughty boy!!!!! You deserterd me WHY??????

• mouthy
    mouthy

bump

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit