Hubby and Wifey saying Hi

by free and happy 75 Replies latest jw friends

• WishingLiz
    WishingLiz

Welcome to you both. I wish I could give you both a hug. So sad you were treated so poorly.

I'm new here as well, but have been out of TT for quite a few years. Again, welcome!

Liz

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

WELCOME, loved hearing your story. So glad to hear you have your daughter with you. I know you have been thru hell, but sit back, breathe and relax. You're among friends who understand what you've been thru. I would have kept the briefcase and just dumped everything onto the stage and take your case with you. LOL

• Borges
    Borges

A very warm welcome to you both!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome! The more the merrier!

That's quite an experience, another one that ought to be in the WT Yearbook showing what really happens in "the truth". Such horrible stories of politics, slander, and fighting are common, even at bethel and from gilead grads. I saw it in congregations, too. And it certainly seems to be getting worse. I think the finer people walk away from the battle, while the jerks take greater control in the cult.

"I drove to the hall, opened up and placed the briefcase on the platform. With a report slip and a pin from the notice board I pinned a little note on my briefcase. "we wont be needing these anymore"."

Would love to see a picture of that!

• smiddy
    smiddy

A very warm welcome to both of you from down under and enjoy your new found freedom,as life was meant to be enjoyed.

smiddy

• free and happy
    free and happy

Hello Roberta804

Thank you for the hair tip, I will definitely google and see if I can get some! Very kind thought

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome free and happy and GoneAwol!

Just the last few days I was musing over the realisation that even God cannot legally do anything about those who choose "militant ignorance" and embrace the evil spirit that legally dwells in and drives them.

They belong to their father the devil and hence by nature do his will - this cannot be changed - unless there is a rare change of heart.

We too have suffered another Watchtower "family from hell" - this time our own extended family... The details are unmentionably disturbing...

May JWN be another great stepping stone on your life's journey further away from the Watchtower Sanhedrin and Pharisees...

Greetings, blessings and peace to you and yours

Fernando

• donny
    donny

Welcome to JW.NET! You'll find a lot of good information and interesting folks here.

Donny

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Welcome to you both!

So happy to hear that you made the right decision with your daughter! I was raised a JW since the 60's and if I had needed blood, my Mom would have let me die. My non JW father told me that he would have fought her with everything he had......yes I grew up in a divided household" and my Mom ruled the roost. She always told me that my Dad would be destroyed soon and I would be destroyed right with him if I didn't obey her and Jehovah God. How sad.....for my Mom. This backfired on her and my Dad became the light of my life!!! My husband and I left the JW's in the early 80's along with our two children. Best thing we ever did! It took lots of courage to leave! Our two children did very well and one has his doctrite and is teaching at a university and the other is now going to school too!

My Dad recently passed away and I was able to hold his hand as he drew his last breath. My Mom had left him over 10 years before, so it was just the two of us. I loved him so much!! I was thankful that my Mom's words drove me away and to my Dad. I would never have known him and how wonderful he was and how much he loved me!

Welcome to you both! Strawberry

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Welcome, both of you! I love your exit story with the briefcase on the platform. LOL!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit