Bipolar Landlady kicks me out!

by Terry 140 Replies latest jw friends

• eva luna
    eva luna

I'm happy to hear you are out of the danger zone, Terry.

There is nothing like good Family and Friends that are happy to help you when you need.it

It must be a relief and also feel reall good to be loved.

Take care.

• Terry
    Terry

My grandfather use to thumb tack little sayings over my bed each day.

I'd wake in the morning and read the new one.

He wanted me to remember them and live by them.

I remember this one:

"It is not your words but your deeds which tells your true story."

I started thinking about when I was an active JW.

I was a Full Time Pioneer immediately after I got out of prison. But, I didn't have a car.

The Congregation Overseer (no Elders back then) told me an automobile had been donated for the purpose of

providing transportation. He made a great show of how Jehovah provides, etc.

Later I discovered the car was donated by a person who had attended meetings for years but was never baptised. Additionally, that person

had "opted out" of baptism. He was a smoker and they rode his back about it to the point he balked.

While they couldn't DF him he was referred to by any of the brothers who spoke of him as 'SPIRITUALLY WEAK'.

Isn't that ironic?

The best part of the story comes next.

I was working part time and made $1.60 an hour or $12.80 cents a day at my crappy job.

Brother Beard told me I could donate whatever my conscience told me was right to cover the automobile!

In effect, a free car wasn't free at all.

What a difference between a generous person who wants to do the right thing and a person who professes only!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yikes $48,000 in hospital bills? God bless America!

Hope your situation improves.

• Terry
    Terry

Yikes $48,000 in hospital bills? God bless America!

Hope your situation improves.

thank you. I am in very good spirits right now. My panic has subsided.

About the hospital bill:

I did alot of assuming when I walked into the emergency room.

1.I assumed it was entirely covered by Medicare. It was my first and ONLY claim since I had just reached eligibility.

2.I assumed I would be informed ahead of time if something wasn't going to be covered so that I could "opt out."

3.I assumed Medicare had no deductible.

So I made an ASS out of myself.

I also didn't know each doctor bills you separately.

There were tests like the MRI which I did NOT go through with because I had a claustrophobic attack and couldn't do it.

On my hospital bill I was charged for it anyway!

I would have gone home and stayed in bed and completed the cycle of anti-biotics myself. They wouldn't let me!

So, instead of one emergency room visit I was compelled to stay 7 days and run up that eye popping bill.

Color me dumb as prarie full of tumbleweeds!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Stories like this makes me appreciate the social health care we have here in Canada.

No wonder Obama pushed for some HC reform in the States.

What are your thoughts Terry on going through bankruptcy to clear that medical debt ?

I'm sure taking that off your head will remove some stress in your life.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I didn't read the whole thread through yet. Just want to say that you should go to the finance department at the hospital and tell them the truth. You can't pay that bill off. You will never be able to pay off 48K$ on SS income. If they won't work with you, now is the time to file for bankruptcy.

Let your daughter know your circumstances, take some help if she offers it.

Immediately go sign up at all the senior housing places in your area. I live in a senior apartment complex, and my rent is 30% of my adjusted income. It's the only way I'd make it on SS income. You may be on a waiting list for a bit, but sooner or later your name will come up and you'll have a permanent place to live.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Yes your medical bills can be adjusted. Its a bitch but you have to do it.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I say Terry (for all his good posts here) deserves $50 or $100 from at least 5 more people.

If your heart moves you, Paypal it to him at [email protected].

He's worth helping out.

Randy

P.S. With bipolars just be quiet for awhile and let them begin to feel sorry for their blatant unkindness. Act like they didn't get mean to you, act normal. It often works.

It often turns them around, as most are passionate and easily "forget" the harsh things they do to others (unless you bring it up to irritate them :-))

Randy

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Wise words from Randy !

Being cool and calm around these people helps, if they get cantankerous again just smile and quickly remove yourself.

Its always good to remind yourself its their problem.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

In the U.S., hospitals can't run your life. You might just send $25 in good faith with a note that you will "pay it back if given time." It is wise to send SOMETHING... it does work in the medical field. And many other creditors... a little-known secret.

I bought two used Ferraris and their $5000 a month payments I just couldn't keep up. I gave one to Mel Gibson.

That trick didn't work... but public services do. The problem is widespread, and that's why they give you a ridiculous bill, as some fool will pay it sooner or later out of fear. Just with HMOs but others can get the same results if they ask around. I will not pay twice my rent each month anymore for medical insurance when the hospital is out to kill you. My orderly wouldn't even look me in the eye, or answer a single question, or even dial a phone number for me (I was so drugged I couldn't focus, even with glasses). None of my friends or roommates even knew I was there for 2 days.

I was in the hospital for nearly 4 days for severe leg cramps, and I have HMO insurance ($1200/month!) which pays ALL except prescriptions (partially). The nurses nearly killed me with very poor care and after 4 days they discovered my doctor just gave me the wrong prescription. Another 10 minutes and I would have found a way to jump out the window, but it was on the first floor, so no go.

I will not be treated like a wretched beast, damn them (too much of a bad story). The "bill" was about 23K. I paid none of it. Don't have to. My friends showed up on day 4, and since my secretary's boss owns the property the hospital is sitting on, they let me out in 30 minutes. No other ongoing care needed, as I was fine. THEY almost killed me. I just swooned after I fell off my bike and a car hit me at low speed (third time on that drug I fell over on my bike - dizzy).

The agencies that work at the hospital tried billing me for services I don't have to pay extra for. That's what crappy HMOs are all about - you will never run out of or be billed for the dog food and physical beatings.

But you will be treated like an animal in L.A. because many of the workers are animals or completely incompetent. Goes with the neighborhood, because they are used to it themselves. Think Compton.

They don't have near as much hold on you as you think.

What? Are they going to repossess you?? Take your heart as collateral?

LOL

Dogz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit