Bipolar Landlady kicks me out!

by Terry 140 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

wasblind:

If indeed his wife has an illness, Bobby is a good man to stick by his wife instead of a divorce

Bobby is the most loyal person I think I've ever known.

I've heard stories you wouldn't believe about what he's done for Deb when she is way "out there."

He was once in San Antonio on an important job (he's in the Overhead Crane business) and he got a frantic phone call from Deb screaming

for him to come home NOW!

He immediately got on his motorbike and zoomed back at 120 miles per hour only to find that Deb needed him to take their oldest dog to the vet because it had fainted.

Yeah.

He never said a word. He just took the dog to the Vet.

I had to ask myself what I might have said/done under similar circumstances!

When she needs him he is there on the spot!

About two months ago, Deb and I drove from Arlington to Ft.Worth. She wanted to go to the Harley-Davidson dealer to get Bobby some birthday presents.

We stopped to eat and I got out of the car first while it was still running. I detected the sound of the "lifters" which you shouldn't hear unless your oil is low.

I checked the oil and there wasn't any!!

So, I bought some and put it in while Deb started cussing Bobby (he wasn't with us) for not having taken care of that already!

She went on and on about--"I don't know why I stay married to him--what's he good for?"

Then, later that day, her car started to over heat. I checked the radiator and there was no water!

I filled it up. The heat guage went down and the air-conditioner started working better.

Again, "I should take these birthday presents and throw them in the trash." she said.

When Deb confronted Bobby about it he shrugged and said, "I just took it in to the dealership for them to check it out. They were supposed to have checked all that. I guess I shouldn't have trusted them."

Sort of seems to me like Deb counts on Bobby to do the "man stuff" and he damned well better do it!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Sort of seems to me like Deb counts on Bobby to do the "man stuff" and he damned well better do it!_____Terry

I'm guilty of that myself, I expect certain things

from my man and he of me. That happens in a relationship

Do you think he could be allowin' this because of her condition ?

It must be hard havin' to deal wit an illness like this

• wasblind
    wasblind

Bobby is the most loyal person I think I've ever known______Terry

Her bein' a close relative, maybe you could think of Bobby as a blessin'

to your cousin'. After 35 years, we have to think he'll be alright

Anyway Good luck

• Terry
    Terry

Do you think he could be allowin' this because of her condition ?

It must be hard havin' to deal wit an illness like this

Bobby doesn't have a clue that Deb has any mental problem. That's "just how women are" would be his official statement.

He sees it/everything through the lens of her having an anxiety disorder, but, I doubt he could tell you what that means.

Bobby is a bright fellow about many things but very rural and given to outrageously RED state ideas passed down from generation

to generation. He is convinced, for example, that President Obama is conspirating to take everybody's guns away. He is getting

ready to buy yet another gun so as to stock up before that dreaded event transpires.

He thinks all politicians should be taken out and killed. I'm serious!

Seems pretty far-fetched to me. But, to a North Carolina boy......it is gospel.

• Terry
    Terry

Tomorrow I take my ex-wife to work (25 miles away) and then take my son to class and then take my daughter to class and then pick up my son and daughter and take them to their home.

Whereupon, I pick up my former in-laws and my son and drive them to my ex-wife's work and collect her and drive all of them to the DFW airport where they will board an airliner to Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

Who says I'm unemployed? :)

• bsmart
    bsmart

Terry, I hope they filled your gas tank...

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"Bobby doesn't have a clue that Deb has any mental problem. That's "just how women are" would be his official statement.He is convinced, for example, that President Obama is conspirating to take everybody's guns away. He is getting ready to buy yet another gun so as to stock up before that dreaded event transpires.

He thinks all politicians should be taken out and killed. I'm serious!"

And all this time I've been reading your posts I was feeling sorry for Bobby, just about sounds to me that their relationship falls under the saying "bird of a feather . . . . ."

• Terry
    Terry

Terry, I hope they filled your gas tank...

Oh, I'm taking HER car--you better believe it! :)

And all this time I've been reading your posts I was feeling sorry for Bobby, just about sounds to me that their relationship falls under the saying "bird of a feather . .

No, I'd say they are 180 degree opposites. A merger of Yin and Yang. Somehow, through the strength of his loyalty and love of family they've made it work. Is it dysfunctional? Oh yessssss. But, having NO childred has certainly made the union possible. Momentum has something to do with it too. Deb hasn't had an outside job for over a decade. She depends on Bobby to bring in the bacon. Bobby depends on Deb to provide the domestic side. (He is a real natural "slob". Sadly.....neither of them seem to know what had washing is for. That was continually disturbing. But, you know what they say: to each his own.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Bobby is a bright fellow about many things but very rural and given to outrageously RED state ideas passed down from generation

to generation. He is convinced, for example, that President Obama is conspirating to take everybody's guns away. He is getting

ready to buy yet another gun so as to stock up before that dreaded event transpires.

He thinks all politicians should be taken out and killed. I'm serious!

Seems pretty far-fetched to me. But, to a North Carolina boy......it is gospel._________Terry

I could imagine the conversations the two of you had while livin' under his roof

But regaurdless of his political stance and " RED " state ideas ( Never heard folks like Bobby put in that term before)

He seems to be a good husband to your cousin, a blessin' to her at best

You are right when you stated them havin' no children made the union possible

with her illness debbie made a good choice not to have children subjected to that

Havin' to deal wit others livin' under the same roof in these conditions most certainly

could have added extra stress to the mix.

• wasblind
    wasblind

double post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit