Bipolar Landlady kicks me out!

by Terry 140 Replies latest jw friends

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

A good suggestion, EP!

Terry, Sending you a PM in a moment.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I understand that. I am simply saying surely there is something we can do.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

EP, why don't you help him instead of asking JWN

• likeabird
    likeabird
    I wanted to demonstrate honest intentions on my part and didn't want to be one of those dead beats who "let the taxpayers" pay for it.

Did you never work in your life and pay taxes and social security? Sure you did. And I'm sure more than your fair share at that.

By letting your hospital bill be covered by "taxpayers" is far from being a "dead beat". You already paid that money into the system all those years you were working. You've already more than amply covered for that money. No need to insist on paying it twice. You are entitled to it.

With all respect, you're taking it from entirely the wrong angle, and so is everyone else here suggesting bankruptcy. Honestly guys!

Oh, and one more thing, if you were my dad, I'd be really upset at you for not stopping to have breakfast with me because you didn't want me to have to feed an extra mouth. You are not just an extra mouth! And it's not often we get the chance to cook our dads breakfast (or have them cook us breakfast ).

Sorry to come over strong. Just my two cents.

(But if you can get rid of that hospital bill, go for it. Nobody deserves to have to pay such monstruous amounts, especially when they've paid into the system their whole lives.)

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

soft+gentle, why don't you go be negative somewhere else? All you had to do was say nothing if you can't or won't help. Oh, and try reading more slowly, I already said I would as soon as I was there in a few weeks. My ask was to see if we could help him until I got there.

Now, I am done with you and your negativity. I prefer to focus on helping someone than arguing with someone that has nothing better to do than pick a fight because of their own inadequacies.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

oh dear

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Terry, our thought are with you. Hang on.

• tiki
    tiki

terry - move forward - texas sounds like a good idea. i have a friend who is bi-polar, and know exactly what you describe. it is next to impossible to deal with and for whatever reasond, bipolars are the most unlikely to keep to their med regimen. (right up there with schizophrenics). you've tried to live there and it just does not and will not work, so you are stuck and need to make a move.

i personally hope you do the texas route and be close to family who love you. also, that you find a job - even if its greeting people at home depot or walmart or stocking shelves or bussing tables - i know it is way beneath you mentally - you have a highly developed brain - but the people thing and being out there in different situations is really a good thing - healthful..........

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

Terry, your family are the best people to turn to. best wishes to you. Is there any possiblity of mending fences with your relatives - debbie and bobby?

• Terry
    Terry

Entirely Possible: BTTT. Surely somehow we can help Terry get over the hump for the next few weeks?

Woa, the help is on its way. There are people who quietly jump at the chance to help somebody, even a stranger, and you'd be

surprised at how quickly they are ready to lend a hand.

My daughter and son are doing what they can and things within the last 20 hours have gone from the Red DANGER zone to a peaceful

"all clear" thanks to offered kindess and family solidarity.

I'm humbled and amazed and thankful to know people like the folks who visit the town of JW-net. It is better than Mulberry R.F.D.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit