Bipolar Landlady kicks me out!

by Terry 140 Replies latest jw friends

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    If my circumstances get to where I can't handle them the rest of my family can respond the same way and I have no problem with that.

Ok, Terry. I understand what you mean.

Well, I just wish the best for you and hope things will get resolved soon.

• Terry
    Terry

I once played the role of Mortimer in Arsenic and Old Lace in my High School Senior Play.

I had a line that comes to mind: "Insanity runs in the family. In fact, it practically gallops!"

I'm sure anybody who reads my various and sundry posts has detected the cobwebs in my airshaft from time to time:)

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Sorry to hear about this! And I agree with Sab...sounds like your cousin has borderline personality disorder, which is very hard to live with. Her husband needs to get her some serious help, or she really may wind up injuring or killing him.

I'm not sure about Texas, but here in Ohio hospitals have a program where all or part of your bill may be written off based on the patient's income. And your daughter is going to find out that you're no longer living at your cousin's house when she goes over there to cook on Sunday. Eventually all of your adult children are going to learn of your situation, and they will be very upset about your living conditions. At least go to your kids for a small loan to get you through. As annoying and crazy as my dad is, I'd feel so bad if he didn't let me know that he needed help with something.

One last thing...you can tell the debt collectors to stop calling you. It's better if you send a cease and desist letter, but you have bigger fish to fry right now. My fnancial budget is really tight, I can help you with researching rograms that may help if you want to pm me your location.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Perhaps things will cool off and through Bobby he can get you back there, citing the financial gain for those two

and your own specail need for a place to live. Talk it out if you can.

That medical bill is truly a heavy load to bare particularly since your retired and on social income, perhaps you can file for bankruptcy

to remove that debt completely. It does cost a little to do this but maybe you can borrow a sum from your children to do it and then pay back

the legal costs to them. In the long run you might be better off.

If any thing I'm sure they wouldn't mind lending you some money for food at least until your next cheaque arrives.

Take care.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Very sorry to hear this, Terry

• Terry
    Terry

Perhaps things will cool off and through Bobby he can get you back there, citing the financial gain for those two

and your own specail need for a place to live. Talk it out if you can.

I"m thinking I've had enough of walking on eggshells. I am going to view this as Opportunity and not tragedy.

I haven't been happy in Arlington. I've put a lot of miles on my 98 Honda driving to see my kids in Fort Worth every day.

In the long run...this is a big plus. Fewer miles wear and tear. Less money for gas. Change of surroundings is a positive instead of a negative.

Not so bad when I look at it the right way.

My eldest daughter is going to let me sleep on a couch in her home office. So, t'aint so awful.

What is that old saying? You have to step down to step up?

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

yep .. you got your ..out .. take it...

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Terry, I sent you PM.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hope things get better for you Terry. I know how it feels to be in between stable (hopefully) accommodations.

• Terry
    Terry

• I'll tell you the big difference between being young and not being young (see how I avoided saying "old"?:)
    • When you are young you're not experienced enough to know when you are in a jam or any of the dangers
    • When you get older you've seen so many things happen to so many people its all you CAN think of.
    • I remember when I moved my whole family from Texas to California in 1974. I just packed what I could into the car and drove there. If I were contemplating such a trip today I'd have a list of Pro's and Con's so long I'd be paralyzed into inaction:)
    • When does it happen? When does fear replace natural foolhardy "courage"? I think...just possibly...it is when you realize you have more years behind you than you have ahead of you. Suddenly life seems precariously precious! Like a Limited Edition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit