NFC & AFC Championship Games - Who Wins & goes to Super Bowl ?

by flipper 160 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Let's hope Jones sells the team before he dies but if his ego is as big as you say it is - it ain't gonna happen.

My stepson is an executive in the Cowboy's organization and I have input there...yes, it is as big as I say it is, and no - it ain't gonna happen.

In fairness, I should say that the stepson claims that Jerry is really a pretty good guy to work for - so long as you are on his good side. So, my problem with him is team recruitment and coaching issues but not his integrity as a businessman.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

sulla flipper: hands down the 4 teams that are left are here for a reason,honestly any thing "can" happen yes he is crazy good 181 rushing yard by a qb is unheard of! come on sunday!

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

I pick 49ers Vs. Pats!

PATS win!!!!

38-31

• Gopher
    Gopher

I understand the 49ers are the popular and sexy pick to win at Atlanta on Sunday, due to the emergence of Colin Kaepernick. It looks like an easy choice. However the Falcons are 8-1 at home this year, the only loss being a meaningless game against Tampa Bay in the last week.

The last time I remember the Atlanta Falcons was in the 1998-99 NFC championship game against my Vikings, who had just set the NFL record for points scored in a season, with the potent combination of QB Randall Cunningham and WR Randy Moss. Atlanta won in overtime.

I know this is a totally different Atlanta team, but when they play at home this year it seems nobody can stop their passing barrage of Matt Ryan to Roddy White and Julio Jones. If the 49ers can figure out how to do that, they will advance. If they don't, it may not matter how well Kaepernick plays.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Pats and 49'ers. Pats win.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

The Super Bowl will be a battle between the brothers Harbaugh, with Jim and the 49er's taking it all.

zed

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    In fairness, I should say that the stepson claims that Jerry is really a pretty good guy to work for - so long as you are on his good side. So, my problem with him is team recruitment and coaching issues but not his integrity as a businessman.

You sound like my uncle who's a die hard Cowboy fan. He's still bitter after Jimmy Johnson got axed years ago which at the time didn't make an iota of sense after the guy delivers you two championships. I'm surprised Parsons lasted as long as he did.

• undercover
    undercover

my problem with him is team recruitment and coaching issues but not his integrity as a businessman.

Same here. He's genius at marketing his brand of NFL. I mean, look at the Cowboy's record since their last Super Bowl. They're mediocre, at best. They have not been a good team, from top to bottom. Yet, they're still the most valuable sports franchise in the country...if not the world. They still sell tickets, shirts, hats. The sports media love talking about them. They dissect this team more than any other, even when they're 8 - 8 and aren't going to the playoffs.

I get so frustrated when JJ starts talking big about making major changes and then fires a couple of coaches, ignoring the real problem of the last twenty years... the General Manager - himself. He would have been fired from the Panthers, Bears, Colts or any other team that went from flirting with the playoffs to stinking up the field. But not good ole Jerrah, as long as he's breathing, he's gonna call the shots.

Our only hope is that his son is learning how not to run a team, for when he inherits Daddy's position...

• minimus
    minimus

Patriots all the way. They have learned from the early laziness of the season.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ugh the atheist here not believing in god is frustrating and now you all done believe in the ravens sad!!!!!!!! lol(joking) i have to say that so i dont get beat up lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit