A picture so outrageous, it deserves its own thread...

by cedars 184 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

min, a brother cleared that up when he said they don't have a PAID clergy...I guess that doesn't count COs, DOs, Bethelites, etc.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

I am sorry to differ with you but JWs do have a plain-clothes clergy.

They may not be wearing silk robes, etc. like the church and they may not have the same titles, but that is only a superficial difference. The result is the same. Why, they even claim ecclesiastical privilege in courts!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

It is all ranks to aspire to like the military, business or any other career ladder.

• Hillary
    Hillary

The WT propaganda machine is in full force

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Rutherford was a real douche for introducing military terms and the mentality to go with it. When he took over, the Bible Students went from folks just looking for answers who were willing to be tolerant of other schools of thought, to a well oiled theocratic machine fueled by the hearts and dreams of the poor and downtrodden.. It has been downhill ever since. The word " organization " is making me ill.

• wasblind
    wasblind

On page 204 and 205 in the Proclaimers book Bro. Russel spoke against clergy class

then on page 207 showed where he had a change of heart and realized he

expected to much of the bretheren and leaned in favor bein' that it was a way

to have some kind of organizational method

" Why the change ?

First of all I hasten to assure you that I have never laid claim to infallibility.....We do not deny growing in knowledge, and that we now see in a slightly different light the will of the lord respecting Elders or leaders in variuos little groups of his people. Our error in judgement was in expecting to much of the dear bretheren who , coming early into the truth, became natural leaders ."_________Proclaimers book page 207

Ain't nothin' new

The WTS is always two step behind everyone else on important matters

while the rest of us advance to other things that will make life better

the sheep sit around waitin' on some light to shine

they have to show how " Different " they are from the rest

" Bother Russell pointed out that the true church, the Christian congregation, is not an organization with members who have subcribed to some man-made creed and have their names written on a church register."_________Proclaimers book page 205

Oh really !!!! Oh I forgot, they changed that too

Give 'em time, they'll find their way out of the Blood issue too

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Not sure if anyone else picked-up on this: The only ones depicted out in the ministry doing the work are the rank and file publishers (6).

The congregation elders (4) are all sitting around a table (in a judicial capacity) deciding someone else’s fate instead of taking the lead in field service… and that’s the reality!

I’m left wondering what part of the 70 step process of which ‘new light’ the governing body is wrestling with in picture (1).

• erbie
    erbie

This brings to mind The Ambassadors by Hans Holbein where the subject rests his arm against the globe thus symbolizing his dominance over worldly affairs (trade and commerce).

Never mind resting your arm against the world, those WT guys are sitting on it. How audacious can you get!

Yes, it really does show you just how, and to what level they view their own authority.

Think I'd rather be ruled by these guys. At least their picture only contains one dodgy image (skull), unlike WT material which contains many.

• Bella15
    Bella15

ARE YOU SERIOUS ..... WOW .... ARE THEY STILL CALLING THEMSELVES THE "TRUE CHRISTIANS" OR THEY DROPPED THAT ALTOGETHER .... THIS IS SOOOOOO EVIL ...... MY HEART JUST DROPPED TO MY STOMACH ... SERIOUSLY PEOPLE ....THIS IS EVIL ... UNLESS THEY MEAN THAT "JEHOVAH" HAS A HEAVENLY ORGANIZATION TOO AND THEN JESUS IS IN THAT PART ... BUT REGARDLESS ... THIS IS NOT CHRISTIAN AT ALL ...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I NEED TO POST THIS ON MY FACEBOOK ... THIS IS HORRIBLE ...

• jgnat
    jgnat

The skull was included in portraits as a reminder of our mortality.

Come to think of it, a little mortality might have helped this latest image from the WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit