Stop Putting Apostate Stickers On My Literature! They "Cost Lots of Money!"

by AuntConnie 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crisis of Conscience
  • kurtbethel
  • under the radar
    under the radar

At the risk of being "flamed," here's my personal opinion on how to handle JW trash (literature) that is found in public places:

I think it is inappropriate to simply take or dispose of the magazines. In my mind, that is the equivalent of book-burning. Who appointed us the judge of what people should be able to read? How is it we get to decide what the public does or does not have access to? We may think we are "saving" the public from a destructive, mind-controlling cult (and we ARE), but it is not our place to take or destroy things that do not belong to us. Yes, they were left out for the public to have at no charge, but they were not intended to be collected wholesale and disposed of because WE don't like the message.

That said, the magazines themselves (if read by anyone with a modicum of reasoning ability) do a fine job of anti-witnessing on their own. Yes, they are full of self-aggrandizing propaganda, dumbed down "science," and inane religious doctrines that require mental gymnastics just to follow their line of "reasoning." And that's my point: anyone with just a little education or common sense will likely see through them for the pointless drivel they are.

But here's what I DO think would be fair and appropriate: do as others have done and put stickers on them pointing to websites that show just how silly and false WT teachings are. That way we are not interfering with others' rights to read what they wish, and we're not taking things not meant for us for our own purposes. We're just showing the public that there is another point of view while warning them of the dangers of Watchtower Society. I doubt very many would even talk to the Witnesses again if they visited a site like this just once.

Collecting and destroying literature, just like losing our temper and screaming and yelling at JWs, may do us and our "cause" (warning people about the Watchtower) more harm than good. One way to make sure people read something is to try to supress it. If someone picks a JW rag to read and notices an "apostate" sticker and then checks it out, our work is done. Be sure to count your time!

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

"under the radar", you are not the only with deep insights into the big picture of "freedom of speech.". Thank you a million dollars for bringing out censorship, to paraphrase you "anyone with a modicom of reasoning or brain powers will see through the shallow spiritual "Gerber Peas (gross radioactive green baby food even the babies puke up all over their bibs.)". Why are you willing to look at both sides of the arguments, I thought we were suppose to be myopic, "grab the pitch fork and join the mobs! The mass majority on members are kind here, and I can't imagine anyone on jehovah-net attacking you for bringing your wisdom to the table. I am really starting to like you all much more than my shallow egotistical friends, I love "recovery", "crisis of conscience" "mrs jones" "jackM", "billy le ex" Mr. freeze, "punk of face" blondie, flyin high". I wish I had your moral fibers and could leave my "house of cards" life, but where could I feel like Queen Connie and treat my underlings like shit dirt, I am trying to stop my profanity, it will take time dear members.

I wish I was not a bitch, I wish I had love and compassion and respected my fellow workers in the Kingdom Hall but it's not going to happen. You know my husband quit school in the sixth-grade, we receive work from the brothers and sisters by "word of mouth" and I work three jobs because my husband never wanted a retirement account. He took my IRA ($73,000 of fifteen years of work) and used it to stay at home for two years while Mom and Dad paid my rent, I blew their car up by not filling up the oil or checking the water. Stupid parents still loaned me money and bought us food while I worked sixty hours a week, while husband watched Howard Stern and Playboy Channel before preparing his Tusday Night Talks. I hate my parents for not standing up to the bully husband or remaining strong in the truth, why did they disobey my husband by allowing my drunk brother to move into their house? I discover I hate my parents more and more each day, and nobody is willing to be like "under the radar" and point out my life of contradictions and hypocrisy. I hate cowards and followers like myself, I like people here because you do not tickle my ears, you have courage and morals I lack.

• brinjen
    brinjen

So how do you change that AuntConnie? You're the only one who can answer that...

• dazed but not confused
  • Jeffro
    Jeffro

AuntConnie, you should probably be aware that it is not always easy to distinguish the satirists from the genuine nutbags on this forum.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

This is how I picture AuntConnie

• dazed but not confused
  • dazed but not confused

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit