Stop Putting Apostate Stickers On My Literature! They "Cost Lots of Money!"

by AuntConnie 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crisis of Conscience
  • whathappened
    whathappened

When I see magazines left in waiting rooms and laundramats I take them and throw them in the trash so people who are vulnerable to cults won't get a hold of them and fall prey to the Watchtower Societies evil influence.

I have also left apostate flyers in their place. I feel it helps make up for the 50 plus years I help to spread Watchtower lies and false prophecy.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

" I get my ass out of bed to place literature in the laundray cleaning, coin opperated shops and some asshole puts his apostate stickers on our magazines."

These stickers weren't placed by human hands, this is clearly the work of Jehovah... or Satan. Take your pick.

• Scully
    Scully

Well, maybe the Circuit Overseer™ should start going around to people in the Territory™ who take the Magazines™ and toss them straight in the garbage.

Like the cashier at the local dollar store the other day. I saw the whole sordid affair: the woman in line ahead of me offered the magazines to the cashier, who politely accepted them. The cashier rang the JW lady's order through and waited for her to leave the store. By the time she rang my order through, she'd looked at the front cover and the back cover, and tossed it in the trash. I asked her for it.

She said, "It's the Jehovahs, you know. They come here all the time and give them to me."

"Yes, I know who they are, and I don't doubt they deliver them to you all the time."

She pulled it out of the trash and put it in my shopping bag.

I bet any day now, that Experience™ will sound forth from the Platforms™ at Circuit Assemblies™ and District Conventions™, to a great deal of thunderous applause. Evidently, I will have been Baptized™ at that very event, having my eyes opened to the Glorious Words of Truth™ within the pages of that discarded treasure trove of Spirit Directed™ Bible Based™ Teachings™. It was the angels and Jehovah's Holy Spirit™ directing that seemingly chance encounter.

In reality, I'm saving it for a very sacred purpose. I'm puppy sitting in a couple of weeks and I need something to lay on the floor for the dog to $h!t on.

I feel sorry for the $h!t.

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

Scully that was beautiful, I hope you enjoyed those treasure filled magazines. Jehovah's angels must have known you were there, how else could this miracle take place? I hope my husband is the man who interviews you and you will bring the audience to tears with a thunderous applause!

Tater, it's not fair someone is defiling my magazines, I buy them and place perfectly located for patrons of the laundry shops or the free health clinic. That was my first rant, my second rant had to do with our visit from one of Mother's representatives and his displeasure we are not respecting the financial arrangement and supporting the World Wide Work in a generous fashion.

My Kingdom Hall is not donating enough funds to cover the costs associated with the production of the Watchtower and Awake magazines, the fact is Mother is not happy how stingy her children are, it's ok to stiff your physical parents, not your spiritual Mother. "Magazines cost money to produce, they are not free, we need to honor Jehovah's wife with "unrighteous riches" or "valuable things" ect. Why is it so hard to believe our circuit overseer was disenchanted with donations for the "World Wide Work"? Jehovah's earthly spiritual wife goes to great effort providing the most spiritually bounty and her kids are giving their food to the dogs under the table or wrapping it up in napkins and throwing it away.

I do not like wasting time picking stickers off the magazines we place, we can't the apostate buy a sign or place ads in the local free papers? We play by the rules, it's very frustrating and making the sisters angry. You think we like driving back and forth checking to make sure our magazines are not tampered with? The society had us place stickers on hand-bills, thousands of stickers to invite everyone to a special talk or district assembly, I hate peeling stickers off magazines or puting sticks on hand-bills. I do not understand how the magazines are expensive to make when they keep shrinking the size, lowering the content and depth every couple years.

Raven I attend meetings and go out in the field ministry, Jehovah will forgive my ilk and bad language because of my sacrifices to him? Nobody has the courage to call me out on any of my bad habits, my hubby has destroyed people who accused me of profanity and many other bad habits. I said it's easy to get away with much if you donate money (ten percent in my home) and time. This part is not a lie, no satire people are afraid of both me and my husband, fact.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

AuntConnie, half the time I can't tell if you are mad at apostates or at the JW's.

You should calm down.

• Scully
    Scully

I buy them and place perfectly located for patrons of the laundry shops or the free health clinic.

I suppose that is the risk you take in Placing™ your Literature™ in public places rather than with private Householders™. If you don't like going Door-to-Door™ and speaking to actual people, you have to assume the risks. Public places often have policies against solicitation, even though your definition does not match theirs. They don't care what happens to your Literature™ after you sneak it in and slide it under a couple of other periodicals. I've often seen colleagues find them in the pile and toss them right in the trash, just like the cashier at the dollar store. I've seen patients at my workplace find them and deface them - far worse than anyone here does with a contrary point of view.

If you don't like what happens to the Magazines™ after you Place™ them, you have a couple of options as I see it: 1) don't give them away - do as the WTS suggests and ask for the Voluntary Donation™ toward the World Wide Education Work™; 2) stop paying for them yourself; 3) don't leave them somewhere that they risk being "defaced"; 4) just stop - use the Bible only for your Ministry - the Word of God is a two-edged sword, is it not? Save the WTS some money and just use the Scriptures, like Jesus did.

BTW: When JWs procure Literature™ for use in their Ministry™, they don't call it "buying". It's a Voluntary Donation™. It is not considered an exchange of currency for goods and services.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" we can't the apostate buy a sign or place ads in the local free papers?"

That's old hat. We got the Internet for that.

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

Scully, really, how many old witnesses trunks are loaded with magazines dating back to the 1970s they could never place? The Watchtower's generous efforts to provide high quality literature for cost, was not well planned and people took advantage of this loving arrangement. The same problems happened with squeakers and misers at the district assemblys who hoarded the lunch meal, food based off the voluntary donation arrangement. Back to the literature, scraggle witnesses would order, clean out whole cabinets of expensive items. This happened again and again, "special order" Insight Books" "Reference Bibles" filled the trunks of senial and poor witnesses. They might bring back a dollar, most often they never asked for a voluntary donation "It's all free" Eventually special order items became so guarded, literature servants intentionally threw away requests from the same people, who kept requesting large or unbalanced quantites (twenty sets of insight books, twenty Reference Bibles), same friends who needed money from the Kingdom Hall account to attend the conventions.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'kept requesting large or unbalanced quantites (twenty sets of insight books, twenty Reference Bibles),'

Hey, i placed some aid books. That's the first edition of the insight, which was written by the world famous apostate, ray franz. Perhaps, you haven't heard of it.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit