How Modern Christianity has failed Christians

by Christ Alone 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

No, I haven't followed abiogenesis closely. I know what it is and what it's trying to do/prove. But it's an impossible science that is unsupportable. It's never been observed or demonstrated. I'm obviously not a scientist, so I can't comment on what abiogenesis is doing currently. But I have watched a couple TED talks about it and read a few articles from some of its main researchers. And it was incredibly underwhelming to me. Causing something to behave like a cell or other simpler elements does not constituted life. Like I said, I can't speak in an educated way about this. But if they create life from non life, you can tell me "told you so". Me thinks you're going to have a long wait, however. And this is where you pull god of the gaps. But the position still stands that an intelligence is the best answer for the universe.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

There is no scientific proof for the contention that "life only comes from life". And as the latest progress on the study of Abiogenesis shows, life can indeed come from non living sources.

Ever since Darwin the believers have been in retreat, if only they would stick to simple, uncomplicated, yet sincere faith, they would be O.K

Since the end of the 19th Century they have been fighting a losing battle to prove Bible literalism, and to establish the reality of a Creator.

Why they bother is beyond me, if I was one of the "faithful" I would not attempt such nonsense, you cannot use Apologetics, or Logic or even Reason to "prove" a God or a Creator, better men than you have tried for Centuries.

Like the Jehovah's Witnesses whose faith is so fragile, the believers(not all) have to use all sorts of underhand tactics and arguments to bolster their case.

I prefer the honest believer who says quite truthfully they cannot prove their faith in a scientific, forensic, testable, rational way, they just simply believe.

• cantleave
    cantleave

But if they create life from non life, you can tell me "told you so"

I am sure you will still perform verbal and mental convolutions to say that it doesn't demonstrate that god isn't necessary!

• cofty
    cofty

But if they create life from non life, you can tell me "told you so".

And god who has alread been kicked out of biology and retreated to the chemistry lab will take final refuge in the physics department....

• cofty
    cofty

I prefer the honest believer who says quite truthfully..they just simply believe.

This.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Watch the show " HOW IT"S MADE ". Watch an episode about something simple, like toothpicks. Look at all the planning and inovation involved in making the machines, that run the machines, that run those machines that make the toothpick. Behind it all is intelligence. A box of perfectly formed and packaged toothpicks could not appear in a billion years without an intelligent maker. No way, never. Evolution ( micro ) was started by an intelligence. Putting your faith in the greatest minds in science requires that they posess intelligence. To believe that they must toil for decades just to make life in it's crudest form ( if they ever do suceed ) and then say It could not have been done by another intelligence in the distant past is pretty short-sighted IMO.

undefined

Now take the raw material and do THIS without intelligence.

undefined or this undefined or this undefined

or this undefined or this undefined

Without intelligence and imagination, it cannot be done. One last picture.

undefined

• tec
    tec

And god who has alread been kicked out of biology and retreated to the chemistry lab will take final refuge in the physics department....

But this is silly (to me). These things are sciences that attempt to show/explain the universe. God does not exist inside one of them. They exist more inside of Him. They show the means (which is limited to our tools and current understanding of course) of creation and life and such.

(though they may show that a statement someone else made long ago was true)

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Data-Dog - this simplistic argument from design has been thoroughly refuted so many times. Its WT Creation Book stuff.

Please read a book on evolution and at least try to understand what you reject.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

And as the latest progress on the study of Abiogenesis shows, life can indeed come from non living sources.

Oh geeze. Show me. Please. Give me some proof that life can indeed come from no life. As far as we can see and has been demonstrated, life only comes from life. That's it. No other demonstration has been made. For the number of times you guys request "proof", you sure do allow yourself to BELIEVE things that do not have proof as well. Making the statement that abiogenesis SHOWS that life INDEED comes from non life is absolutely unfounded.

I am sure you will still perform verbal and mental convolutions to say that it doesn't demonstrate that god isn't necessary!

Just as if there was a rapture, or God Himself appeared to tell you personally of His existence, you would do the same. Rapture? Aliens or some undercover government project. God appearing? Aliens trying to fool us.

And IF the Bible is correct, there will be those that will deny God to the end.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Cofty

Are you telling me you're not a commited naturalist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit