How Modern Christianity has failed Christians

by Christ Alone 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty

But as of this moment the BEST explanation for the universe is intelligence.

Wow - gigantic leap!

as I said above...

If science ever concluded that the big bang needed a banger, the universe would still be consistent with a one that blew himself up in the process. You still have all your work to do.

• designs
    designs

But 2000 years really, seriously, when its gets to 2500 years then 3000 will it finally be time to retire the claim to a history book on a dusty shelf.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I don't see that as being a big leap at all, cofty. Maybe it's my delusion, but it sounds absolutely reasonable to me that intelligence must be behind nature. I can demonstrate everyday that information can only come from greater information and not be generated on its own. Life must come from life, and cannot come from non life. Yet, it's unreasonable and appealing to a god of the gaps when one sees that it cannot be demonstrated with a godless point of view.

• cofty
    cofty
    I can demonstrate everyday that information can only come from greater information and not be generated on its own.

There is no "information" that's just an analogy - a classic case of reism.

Life must come from life, and cannot come from non life.

Says who?

Are you familiar with the latest developments in abiogenesis?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Says who?

Are you familiar with the latest developments in abiogenesis?

If they ever were to bring life from non life, it would be on the front page of every news outlet in the world. Won't happen. Can't happen. Life only comes from life. Not on the backs of crystals.

• cantleave
    cantleave

CA - explain to me why, even if there was a intelligence behind creation, it is Jesus?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Well, I am responsible for this, but this thread has yet again gone WAY off topic. Let's not turn it into another atheist/believer debate.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Christ Alone

Let's just say I'm with Greg Bahnsen and Van Til on this one. This board has proven his point, neutrality is a myth.

http://jwwartick.com/2012/07/30/bahnsen-stein-debate/

This is why I'm a Presuppositionalist and not an Evidentialist.

http://www.vantil.info/bysubject.html

• cofty
    cofty
    If they ever were to bring life from non life, it would be on the front page of every news outlet in the world.

It will be.

Won't happen. Can't happen. Life only comes from life. Not on the backs of crystals.

Keep telling yourself that. I'm guessing that's a no to the question of whether you are up to date with developments in abiogenesis?

There is no "ghost in the machine" its just electrons doing what they do.

• cofty
    cofty
    This is why I'm a Presuppositionalist and not an Evidentialist.

Presuppositional aplogetics is just away of avoiding difficult questions. Its a cop-out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit