How Modern Christianity has failed Christians

by Christ Alone 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bohm
    bohm

Christ alone - just fyi, shannon information and is being created in the real world, now you might say shannon information isnt what we should be talking about but thats why you need to define the terms

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

You need to understand the scientific meaning of the word.

Ok, I accept that. Then give me the meaning of the word. Or do you too not know and you're asking? My issue is that you tend to tell people "You're wrong" as if that answers it. I don't care if you think I'm wrong. HOW am I wrong? Show me. I'm not dense. Maybe my reasoning is flawed. At least direct me to the place that has the "right" answer. Because I surely haven't found it, apparently.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" I find toothpicks all the time that did not have a maker. "

Not like this:

• cofty
    cofty

DD - I'm really puzzled now.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

And, BTW, I can't find a better definition of "nothing" than what I gave you. Maybe I left out "qualitative" in my last definition?

Abscent of anything quantative or qualitative.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Fair enough, CA, I do tend to be brusque. I'll try to be more wordy and informative in the future.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

cofty

I am convinced there is no supernatural realm.

OK, what convinced you? The lack of "natural" evidence?

I am certain that methodological naturalism is the key to discovery.

The key to discovery of God?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

DD, they look like toothpicks.

• cofty
    cofty

DD - You are trying to make me dance to a random tune.

What made you ask - Are you telling me you're not a commited naturalist?

• tec
    tec

Also, I'm sorry that some wish that believers would just admit to no evidence and reason and "just believe". But that's not how I work. I must have reasons for why I believe.

Agreed. And it is not dishonest for someone to state that their faith is based on evidence. Perhaps not evidence that another person is willing to accept, but there is still nothing dishonest in stating the truth about your own faith.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit