How Modern Christianity has failed Christians

by Christ Alone 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

truth and fiction, evidence and imagination, logic and doctrine....tec, we can't even speak reasonably about these things because you are reading from another dictionary. Can a Christian even imagine an atom without the guidance of Christ?

• tec
    tec

The evidence can lead him to it, jgnat.

I'm not sure what else you are talking about. I am talking about listening to christianity... vs... listening to Christ. Christianity can and does fail (there are tens of thousands of denominations; splintering, some following teachings and people over Christ and what He taught)... Christ does not fail.

Religion vs. Christ.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

there are tens of thousands of denominations; splintering, some following teachings and people over Christ

Oh the irony!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Christ never fails .... to tell you exactly what you want to hear. Every one's Christ does that, that's why there are so very many different versions of him.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The evidence can lead him to it, jgnat. - tec

Christ to the atom?

The searcher for Christ?

The searcher to the atom?

The searcher to the atom and Christ?

Does the searcher need Christ to find the atom, or can the atom be discerned without Christ?

That we are made of atoms is truth. Christ is all truth.

If a searcher can find an atom without Christ, is it possible that some truths stand on their own without Christ?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Why does this all sound familiar - from a muslim apologist wensite.....

I seek refuge in ALLAH from satan the rejected.
    In the Name of ALLAH, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

The fact is that ALLAH alone is the only TRUTH in the universe and everything else beside Him is falsehood.

23:90 - We have given them the truth, while they are liars.

22:62 - It is a fact that ALLAH is the Truth, while the setting up of any idols beside Him constitutes a falsehood, and that ALLAH is the Most High, the Supreme.

10:32 - Such is ALLAH, your rightful Lord. What is there after the truth, except falsehood? How could you disregard all this?

10:33 - This is what your Lord's decision does to those who choose to be wicked: They cannot believe.

10:82 - ALLAH establishes the truth with His words (the Quran), despite the criminals.

17:81 - Proclaim, "the truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished; falsehood will inevitably vanish."

21:18 - 21:20 - Instead, it is our plan to support the truth against falsehood, in order to defeat it. Woe to you for the utterances you utter. To Him belongs everyone in the Heavens and the Earth, and those at Him are never too arrogant to worship Him, nor do they ever waver. They glorify night and day without ever tiring.

His promises and prophecies, similarly, are the TRUTH. This scripture came in Arabic and ALLAH, Most Wise, included a mathematical component that has phenomenal, miraculous dimensions that are incomprehensible and unfathomable to the human mind. This aspect alone, besides the literal composition, should open up our eyes to the Glory, Greatness, Wisdom, and Omnipotence of the Creator.

The whole purpose behind the mathematical component is to make it impossible for the enemies of ALLAH and the devils to imitate, fabricate, distort, or alter the sacred text in any form. That is why in verse 72:28, it says, "ALLAH has counted the numbers of all things."

57:22 - Anything that happens on Earth, or to you, has already been recorded, even before the creation. This is easy for ALLAH to do.

36:12 - We will certainly revive the dead, and we have recorded everything they have done in this life, as well as the consequences that continue after their death. Everything we have counted in a profound record.

By this verse, it is conceivable that everything in the universe, even the smallest atom, is known to ALLAH and pre-counted, let alone the chapters, verses, words, and the total numbers of letters used to deliver His final message to mankind. It is not just my opinion, but any human being can easily see that three verses specifically carry the meaning and the message of numbers upon which the whole of Quran is based.

• tec
    tec

Christ to the atom?
    The searcher for Christ?
    The searcher to the atom?
    The searcher to the atom and Christ?
    Does the searcher need Christ to find the atom, or can the atom be discerned without Christ?
    That we are made of atoms is truth. Christ is all truth.
    If a searcher can find an atom without Christ, is it possible that some truths stand on their own without Christ?

Truth stands on its own, period.

Christianity might find some truth... based on evidence (since Truth stands on its own)... but christianity is not THE Truth or Image or Word of God. That is Christ.

So looking at the religion to see God... is not looking at His Image. It is murky, and unclear, and also often wrong.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Christ never fails .... to tell you exactly what you want to hear

Funny... He has told me the exact opposite of what I want to hear, on occassion.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Funny... He has told me the exact opposite of what I want to hear, on occassion.

I often tell myself the opposite of what I want to hear, especially when I know what I need to hear (like, "get off the damn couch and go workout" or "yeah, dumbass, I know you are having fun and all, but it's time stop playing halo and do your expense reports" or "oh, hey, yeah, I know you REALLY want that titanium framed .44 Magnum revolver, but don't you think you should wait a bit and stop the impulse purchasing regardless of whether or not you can afford it?").

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

And, most recently I told myself "Hey, yeah, I know it's below freezing outside, but you need to get out of the sleeping bag and go start a fire. Yes, I know you don't have pants so, get out of the bag, put them on, go start the fire".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit