How Modern Christianity has failed Christians

by Christ Alone 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Yes I have. It's always interesting to have a discussion with someone who's arguments rest on the conclusion, prior to the argument, that they are right.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Jgnat

Just because some mystery remains around brain function does not mean we must fill the gap with Christ.

I never said otherwise

Logic is a constructed language that we can learn. It has rules of use. Follow the rules, and you get consistent answers.

I’m not sure we’re on the same wave here. Are you suggesting that logic is simply a collection of conventions that we all agree on or are they absolute laws (natural law).

Doctor bohm

The issue is that before we have this discussion, you must proove you are thinking in a reliable way. I claim you have a very serious brain damage which does not allow you assimilate basic facts about the world, hereunder you have a very serious brain damage, as well as any arguments logic exist.

Perhaps you are right. I’ll make an appointment to see you at your office.

• bohm
    bohm

DD: Perhaps you are right. I’ll make an appointment to see you at your office.

Ah! Finally we are getting somewhere!

If you dont know if you are thinking reliable, there is no real way for you to tell, that is clear to everyone.

In other words, from your statements we can conclude you must be in a state of utter confusion about your ability to think reliably.

So why, then, is it you try to base anything on your own thinking at all? Clearly this is unjustified!

As a side note, do you think i am:

• trolling you
    • playing a very stupid game
    • just being a pain in the ass
    • demonstrate i am a moron
    • not contributing anything worthwhile to any relevant discussion
    • doing exactly what presuppositionalist appolegetics is doing
    • all of the above
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Are you suggesting that logic is simply a collection of conventions that we all agree on? - DD

Yes. It is a language with rules. We use the language function in our brain to use it.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

jgnat

Are you suggesting that logic is simply a collection of conventions that we all agree on? - DD

Yes. It is a language with rules. We use the language function in our brain to use it.

It appears to me, that you are confusing “Conventional thinking”, with logic. Conventional thinking is often proven to be wrong. A classic example would be, the old "flat earth" theory.

Logic on the other hand, is based on truth or "natural laws" (like the law of gravity), apart from what is going on in human brains at the time. For example, the speed of light. The speed of light (299,792,458 metres per second) is believed to be a natural law. It is represented by the letter c in this famous equation E = mc 2.

Bohm

If you dont know if you are thinking reliable, there is no real way for you to tell, that is clear to everyone.

In other words, from your statements we can conclude you must be in a state of utter confusion about your ability to think reliably.

So why, then, is it you try to base anything on your own thinking at all? Clearly this is unjustified!

Ah, yes, we are getting somewhere! I’m not trying to base ANYTHING on “my thinking”. So it doesn’t really matter which of our brains are damaged.

You on the other hand, appear (to me) to be trying to answer a philosophical question (the existence of God) using science. When will you realize you don’t own the facts?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It is represented by the letter c in this famous equation E = mc 2.

Einstein is God?

• jgnat
    jgnat

It appears to me, that you are confusing “Conventional thinking”, with logic. - DD

No I'm not. I am definitely not referring to "natural law". Here's an introductory text. It has conventions and syntax. This is not something that can be disproved later, like the flat earth theory.

http://www.fecundity.com/codex/forallx.pdf

• bohm
    bohm

Dd: oh yah, how can you proove i do not own facts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit