How Modern Christianity has failed Christians

by Christ Alone 277 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Yeah...I've gotta hand that one to you, bohm. Pretty painful...

• bohm
    bohm

psac: exactly. I like to watch debate. I have watched many of WLCs debates because he is so good and entertaining. But its hardly the right format to form ones oppinion.

• bohm
    bohm

Christ Alone: "I just pause because Dawkins is THE leading atheist mind in the world. "

Lol.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Dawkins is a debater and has debated several people. And I haven't heard WLC debate creationism except as it relates to there being a God that creates. Nothing that refers to young earth or fundamentalism. I'm not saying that he hasn't. But I've never seen it.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Getting specific on "atheist" definitions, are we bohm? Not to start this again, but atheism has it's implications, and Dawkins desire (and effectiveness) in spreading his ideas about a belief in God causes me to call him a leading atheist thinker. Sorry if I did not term it in a way that you approve of. But I think everyone knows what I was talking about.

• cofty
    cofty

Dawkins is not the leading atheist mind by the way. He is a biologist with strong opinions about atheism.

• bohm
    bohm

no no christ alone -- just general lol.

I want to coin a new phrase, "A Dawkins Complex", when you are christian and your thoughts orbit around Dawkins.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Christ Alone

However I think there is a big gap in knowing reasons why. Yes, belief is glorious. But it should also be reasonable.

I don't want to discourage you or anything, but, How do you square that up with 1Cor 1:21-23? It seems to me Paul clearly saw that Christ is a stumling block and foolishness. Should we trade the Gospel for wisdom and signs? I guess I'm trying to say (and what Paul stated), I don't know why (and will probably never know) why God would love me. I don't think that sort of thing is "reasonable", at least not on this side of glory. In fact God called it "foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe". If it where reasonable men would come to know God on there own and then they would boast about it and how smart they are.

• cofty
    cofty

Deputy Dog - Isn't that just making a virtue out of a vice?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Well cofty, I guess that depends on your perspective. Tell us why you "left the faith" again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit