If Jehovah Can Read Hearts Then WHY

by BlindersOff1 301 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

the only people telling us to listen to Jesus instead of YHWH are people who had a vested interest in Jesus vs. YHWH.....

Doesn't that kind of go without saying? For anyone?

People can follow whomever and whatever they choose.

But if people choose to follow the Christ, and HIS Father, then they should do what Christ and his Father say to do.

Even if I did not know that to be true... that just plain old makes sense. You want to know someone, you want to follow them, then listen to what that person says.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Also... should point out... God ALSO said to listen to Christ.

Guess his vested interest is there as well ;)

peace,

tammy

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

We are told to listen to the Son. If the Son shows the Father, and the Father does not change, then the Father ALWAYS was and IS, as Christ shows Him to be. If anything shows something that conradicts what Christ shows... then that is due to lack of understanding on our part or the scribes, translation errors, scribal errors (then or now), and mis-teaching etc

Yes, absolutely.

Loz x

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Doesn't that kind of go without saying? For anyone?

Well, if God wanted people to listen to the Jesus, he could say so himself in, say, the OT, before Jesus was born. If I wanted people to listen to my son, I wouldn't have him and his buddies go around telling people to listen to him if they want to know what I think, I would say it and legitimize him.

But if people choose to follow the Christ, and HIS Father, then they should do what Christ and his Father say to do.

Even if I did not know that to be true... that just plain old makes sense. You want to know someone, you want to follow them, then listen to what that person says.

No, you are saying if people want to know God, listen to someone else. That doesn't make sense.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Also... should point out... God ALSO said to listen to Christ.

People who had a vested interest in promoting Jesus said God said.

Yes, absolutely.

Or it shows the mental and logical pretzel people will create to defend a point of view.

• tec
    tec

(gotta go get my kids, will continue ep, later... just so ya know i'm not ignoring ya)

peace,

tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest
    So any new light on how Joseph was the sole person distributing grain in Egypt?

None beyond what's been shared with you thus far.

Which lakes dried up?

Per my Lord, all that were considered "lakes" at the time... which weren't necessarily all that deep (and those that were still may not have been as deep as they are today). Some were no larger than some of "ponds" many farms/ranches/estates have on them today. Whatever was used to provide water for crops/livestock.

How grain could be plentiful and scarce at the same time?

Plentiful: gathered for seven years and stored in huge grain houses. Scarce: none in the fields (due to the drought).

I mean, you can nitpick it all you want. You're only doing so because you don't WANT to get it. So, okay, don't GET it. No worries. I don't get, say, some quantum physics stuff. But I can accept that - I don't need to take you through a drill. I'll get it when I get... if I WANT to get it. Same for you.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So, still no light on this. Grain was expensive because it was scarce, but plentiful because they had a lot?

Still nonsense. Asking basic questions is not nitpicking. Please do not continue to falsely assign reasons for my not accepting your lack of an explanation. You are, have been and will continue to be wrong. I'll get when answers that are logically consistent and make sense are provided.

• tec
    tec

Grain was expensive because it was scarce, but plentiful because they had a lot?

EP... someone (pharoah) had the grain stockpiled so that he would have enough when the drought came (that Joseph was warned about, if i remember correctly, and planned for).

So the grain that one person had was a rare commodity, because no one else was growing any (due to the drought), and if you have a commodity that is rare, then you can charge as much as you want and people who need it will pay.

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP
    mP; You are being dishonest here and everywhere.

TEC: If you are going to make that statement, then you should back it up with something.

mP: Your views are almost always based on selecting a tiny text and sometimes redefining words or inserting custom background to come to some point of view. You always seem to forget the remainder of the unpleasent text which shows your view to be wrong. Almost none of your views are based raw reading of bible scripture.

TEC: mP, you do this very thing, focusing on what is unpleasant, and ignoring anything that might be good.

I have told you what my basis is for what I accept: Christ.

Since my faith is in Him... and He is the Truth.

mP:

I added labels to help show who said what.

Back to addressing your points.

TEC: mP, you do this very thing, focusing on what is unpleasant, and ignoring anything that might be good.

mP:

I do that because the God and Christ are perfect and all good, thats basically the point behind many of your points. I try and highlight the negatives because it shows they are not superior but they the same as the authors of the books we read. They have selfish, racist, violent attributes just like the educated men who wrote those holy writings. The authors were nearly all elites, priests, kings and so on, never common humble people. Thats why they always focus on obedience, and never kindness. Its always about their selfish desire for power and thats why we have an entire book devoted to what colour thread should appear along the fringe of the dress of the high priest etc and nothing about womens rights or how evil pedophilia is.

THe Bible, both NT and OT focuses on several things, because they are the interests of the political poiwers. Politicians, rules etc didnt care about poor orphans and thats why you almost never hear about them in the Bible. Why would Caesar, Pharoah, or even a jewish king care about little kids getting rape. Simple answer they dont.

This fact is alsmot always ignored by yourself. You almost always only ever quote 1 or 2 scriptures to highlight Jesus "goodness" and ignore all the other torublesome stuff that he said because you claim it can be ignored for numerous reasons. A perfect man is always perfect, thats how i tink anyway. The fact the stories in the gospels sometimes show an ugly side demonstrates Jesus is not perfect. If the record is flawed as you seem to claim, then it also shows he did a bad job because he was an everyday man like you and me. A god who created the universe should be able to keep a perfect record thats not tainted.

You almost always never quote words from the Bible verbatim and yet when its negative you refuse to accept that text for what it says. If you want to invent stories thats your prilvilege but its also dishonest in my viewpoint. Basically my point is we should read the BIble literally. If it says something unpleasent then thats what it says, we should not make excuses and try and pretend that a single word really means something else. The fact that history shows the bible has been used as a justification to keep women oppressed shows thats what it says. Opportunists wrot e the Bible to give them authority over the week. This pattern was repreated for thousands of years. The jewish leaders did the same in the OT its no surprise the Catholics picked the BIble books we have today for the same purpose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit