If Jehovah Can Read Hearts Then WHY

by BlindersOff1 301 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mP
    mP

Yes, I can see that. Maybe you should consider taking up "Egyptian"? You know, 'cause the English doesn't seem to be working for you?

A slave of Christ,

SA

mP:

How are you a slaveof christ. What have you done for him this week ? Given slaves were unpaid and in full time service of their master, are you doing the same for christ ? Or is this simply a false claim ?

• tec
    tec

You are being dishonest here and everywhere.

If you are going to make that statement, then you should back it up with something.

Your views are almost always based on selecting a tiny text and sometimes redefining words or inserting custom background to come to some point of view. You always seem to forget the remainder of the unpleasent text which shows your view to be wrong. Almost none of your views are based raw reading of bible scripture.

mP, you do this very thing, focusing on what is unpleasant, and ignoring anything that might be good.

I have told you what my basis is for what I accept: Christ.

Since my faith is in Him... and He is the Truth.

We had this discussion and you stopped replying when i provided more scriptures to support my view and the best you could do was give one or two lines and conveniently omit the trouble text about it.

I stopped replying when there was no further discussion. You seem more interested in maintaining what you have decided to believe, picking and choosing accordingly. I pick and choose as well.. but according to Christ.

Peace to you,

tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest
    J as i mentioned above was not an uneducated nobody he was a high priest and leader of the community. What kind of example did he set. i will repeat its a terrible one. Whats even sadder is the text does not make any commentary to emphasize just how wrong the story is. We never hear anything like approaching a reproach.

He set a TERRIBLE example, dear mp (again, peace to you!)... and unlike how you have been TAUGHT to view the account... by those who DON'T know (while saying they do)... THAT is the lesson: no matter WHO you are... take care as to what you VOW to God... and WHY.

THAT is the lesson of the account of Jephthah. Was he a man of faith? He was. He was even counted among the early "faithful". Did he love JAH? He did. Did he let his own ego get in the way... so that he wanted to overcome his enemies SO much... that he wanted vengeance to be HIS... rather than JAH's... and so "sacrificed" his ONLY child, his daughter?

He did.

The lesson? THINK, dear ones. Before you concern yourselves about taking vengeance for "wrongs" you may perceive as having been done "againt" you. In thus, do ALL you can to GUARD your hearts... because they (your hearts) CAN prove treacherous. FORGIVE your enemies... and let the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, deal with them, maybe even deliver them into your hands, IF that is His will. Usually... it isn't. It just doesn't work like that and those who pursue such ends usually end up harming themselves... and someone THEY love.

That... is the lesson of Jephthah, dear mp.

If your god is completely different then why participate "here" without clearly stating you are talking about someone else.?

If you think I don't clearly state who I am talking about, then you really haven't paid much attention to what I post.

How are you a slaveof christ. What have you done for him this week ?

I shared with you... and others... what he has given me TO share with you (and others). BTW, he (my Lord) has said I should share with you that Caiaphas was also a high priest... and instrumental in having him (my Lord) put to death.

Given slaves were unpaid and in full time service of their master, are you doing the same for christ ?

Absolutely. I did not charge you a dime. Nor did I pass a plate or basket... or ask for a "donation/contribution" or tithe. I received it free... so I gave it for free. Unlike religion.

Or is this simply a false claim ?

No, it really isn't. I am his servant, his willing slave. Not because he calls me such (he calls me "child," actually)... but because I call myself such.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So any new light on how Joseph was the sole person distributing grain in Egypt? Which lakes dried up? How grain could be plentiful and scarce at the same time?

• mP
    mP

AGuest:

THAT is the lesson of the account of Jephthah. Was he a man of faith? He was. He was even counted among the early "faithful". Did he love JAH? He did. Did he let his own ego get in the way... so that he wanted to overcome his enemies SO much... that he wanted vengeance to be HIS... rather than JAH's... and so "sacrificed" his ONLY child, his daughter?

mP:

Well God is perfect, why would he lower his standards to such a monster like Jephthah. I mean who rewards someone willing to sacrifice his chlidren ? How is God any different from Hitler or any other monster like that ? Please dont lecture me about what Jephthah wanted, i think we all know that already. Address the morality and example displayed by God.

• mP
    mP

AGuest:

No, it really isn't. I am his servant, his willing slave. Not because he calls me such (he calls me "child," actually)... but because I call myself such.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

mP:

Im sorry you have failed to demonstrate how you are a slave. Its dishonest to call yourself a slave of Christ when you are not a slave of him or anybody. A slave as i said before works for free most days for their master. I will give you a chance to say otherwise but i seriously doubt you do anything like that. Its dishonest to call yourself a healer, when you cant heal, or a believer if yo dont believe. People cant give themselves labels, they earn that label with actions. Unless you actually are a slave, then its a downright lie to call yoruself one.

Its also disrespectful to all the slaves in mankinds history who died, were raped and lived terrible lives to trivialise their hurt and sorrow by using their unfortunate forced labour the way you do. You are not a slave of anyone , dont pretend you are.

• mP
    mP

AGuest:

That... is the lesson of Jephthah, dear mp.

If your god is completely different then why participate "here" without clearly stating you are talking about someone else.?

If you think I don't clearly state who I am talking about, then you really haven't paid much attention to what I post.

mP:

Im sorry the story says that Jehovah rewards people who willing sacrifice their children. Somehow jehovah helps Jepthah, but never rebukes him for his terrible offer. Jehovah also never tells Jepthah to forget about the sacrifice. Either Jehovah is blind or is pure evil. What is even sadder is that Jepthah knew Jehovah likes human sacrifice and that giving life like that was the best way to get favour.

What kind of monster is this Jehovah ?

AGuest

FORGIVE your enemies... and let the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, deal with them, maybe even deliver them into your hands, IF that is His will.

mP:

Where does it say this in the OT ? Sorry you are a false prophet inserting text into the OT. In case you didnt know thats a sin punishable by death, scripture says so. You better pray hard or live in a tunnel in case Jehovah gets angry.

• mP
    mP

mP -> AGuest:

Please stop wishing blessings on me. Im not a superstituous idiot who actually thinks those words will "help me". I mean seriously the crator of the universe needs these words to help someone. Either thats extremely sad or hes a blind idiot who needs help.

Just be truthful and stop making stuff up using your xian standards of truth telling and actually quote the bible when you say God wants this or teaches that. Without a quote its bullshit.

• tec
    tec

Okay mP... here is some things from the bible to hopefully help you to see that it is Christ who shows us God; not the OT, not men, not religion... but Christ:

God says:

"This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him." Luke 9:35

Christ says:

"I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know Him and have seen Him. " John 14:6,7

"Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father." John 14:9

"The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. " John 14:10

Then these teachings from Christ:

"You have heard it said, love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you; love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven." Matt 43:45

"You have heard it said, eye for eye and tooth for tooth. But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also."

"Forgive and you will be forgiven." Luke 6:37

And then regarding God not changing:

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

"I (YHWH) do not change." Malachi 3:6

We are told to listen to the Son. If the Son shows the Father, and the Father does not change, then the Father ALWAYS was and IS, as Christ shows Him to be. If anything shows something that conradicts what Christ shows... then that is due to lack of understanding on our part or the scribes, translation errors, scribal errors (then or now), and mis - teaching, etc.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

the only people telling us to listen to Jesus instead of YHWH are people who had a vested interest in Jesus vs. YHWH.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit