Is unhappiness a reason for divorce ?

by caliber 154 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't know about you, but I figured out a long time ago that happiness comes in doses here and there. For me it was not a destination, where once I arrived, I just stayed there.

Another way to phrase the OP title:

If you don't enjoy your marriage or partner, is it a reason to divorce?

• caliber
    caliber
    Of course one should ask themselves WHY they are unhappy with somone that they used to be happy with and whether that are unhappy because the marriage is a "happiless one" or if it is their unhappiness in life that is making the marriage an unhappy one.

@P.S. Did you know that believe it or not some are unhappy because they married without being in love in the first place ?(I know of at least two )

Love is love. All love is true love

But what if there was no love to begin with... what do you call it then ? a marriage of convenience ?

A marriage of convenience (plural marriages of convenience) is a marriage contracted for reasons other than the reasons of relationship, family, or love

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    @P.S. Did you know that beleive it or not some are unhappy because they married without being in love in the first place ?(I know of at least two )

Yes, some people marry for the wrong reasons ( includng to fine happiness withoiut knowing what happiness is, much less where or how to find it).

I can't understand the notion of marrying without love but know some that do it, yes.

Sad but it seems to work out for some, thugh not for most.

Sometimes people just get used to being in whatever state they are.

I just thing that it is too much to ask anyone that they make YOU happy, I mean, I would never ask that of my wife, that is too big a request I think.

To put the "burden" of happiness on another is uncalled for I think.

I was a happy person before I met Lisa, she just made me a whole lot happier and we continue to love each other greatly.

We are happy together because our togetherness magnifies our happiness and sure, I am less happy when I am not with her, but I do not need her to make me a happy person.

I think that, if we are honest with ourselves, we will find that our unhappiness in ANYTHING has more to do with US then THEM.

• caliber
    caliber

Pray thee good buddy..... that these be tears of joy.. on this would be , happiest day of your life !

nor discover ......."you cannot lit a candle in a cold november rain !"

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

What you needed was some "women's intuition."

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Look at 1:43 to hear what Yoko says about love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y33PVE1DI-A

• caliber
    caliber

" The purest love is to trust, to give without refrain even at risk of nightmares final toll

It's all so clear in black and white .... in joy and hope or in death and despair"

..............nothing lasts forever even cold November rain !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt3UTQhmQIE

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

We don't get guarantees in this world, execpt that we will die.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

I cannot imagine how a "believer" and "non believer" make it work. I know some do. It seems like it would be a lonely life for both parties. I couldn't do it.

I have a JW niece who is married to a non-believer. He is easy going and pretty much let's my family keep his kids from holidays. My niece doesn't put up a fight about birthdays. But they don't seem all that happy. I feel bad for all of them.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

I guess I didn't answer the question. When I was younger (maybe two years ago ) I would say absolutely not.

But I'm working on being less judgemental these days. So I guess it all depends on the reasons for your unhappiness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit