2012 Memorial Partakers--12,604!

by Atlantis 124 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

That might be the case Blondie, if they don't know you personally they'll just assume

that you didn't understand the talk completely.

I remember seeing that many times where people unknown in the Hall partook and the

elders just shook their heads in disgust.

Lets face it, the WTS. does not want the number of the anointed class to climb in numbers

and that sense or thought runs down right to the Congregational level.

By the way my MIL partakes and says she's of the Anointed .

I just smile and say thats nice.

• Hillary
    Hillary

I know it's been discussed before but do you think eventually they will have everyone partake of the emblems? It's really hard for me to picture that happening

• simon17
    simon17

Whats to stop anyone walking in to a congregation they are not known during the memorial, and partake. They could give a bulldust name and say they are out of town. It would be hilarious.

Like was said they will not count you. If you show up and say you're from out of town and are an annointed member from another congregation, they will ask for your name and congregation and verify with them before you would be counted.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I know it's been discussed before but do you think eventually they will have everyone partake of the emblems? It's really hard for me to picture that happening.

I don't see how the WTS can at this point. It is suppose to be so close to the end, and for the WTS to change this key JW doctrine that has been in place for decades just seems like it would completely undermine the whole scam. Then again most JW's just accept anything expoused through the Watchtower without really thinking about it, so who knows with this cult.

• Achille
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

I don't see how the WTS can at this point. It is suppose to be so close to the end, and for the WTS to change this key JW doctrine that has been in place for decades just seems like it would completely undermine the whole scam. Then again most JW's just accept anything expoused through the Watchtower without really thinking about it, so who knows with this cult.

This is exactly what I was thinking back in 95 with the generation change. Isn't it a little late in the game to start making changes to basic doctrine?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So from that graph 2006 was the lowest number.

What a surprising increase from that year.

I made a previously purposed answer to this in that there many long time JWS who have been JWS all their

lives 50, 60 70 plus, which makes me think these long timers, are now assuming they should be awarded for their long commitment.

Based of course upon the fact that there hasn't been a proportionate increase of JWS from 2006 to 2012.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Isn't it a little late in the game to start making changes to basic doctrine?

Yes, but some of the doctrine (like the "generation" of 1914 that would never die) was so insane that they had to do something.

I personally think that the new light on the FDS being only the GB is reactionary to this increase in the partakers - which just does not seem to be dying down even when the Watchtower warned them that they were probably mental defects.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

the Watchtower warned them that they were probably mental defects.

Well they kind of had to come up with answer for the increase since the GB in place now know that

the number was to decrease as time moved along. ...oops

As for making a doctrinal change such as having everyone partake, I sincerely doubt it.

Too much of change would upset the apple cart as they say.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I know it's been discussed before but do you think eventually they will have everyone partake of the emblems?

At this point......if I was a JW at the Memorial, I would be very leary of the WTS all of a sudden telling me to to "drink the wine".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit