Will the 'Make Good Use of Our Official Website' discussion backfire?

by jw07 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

I thought some of you might like to see how the visits to jwsurvey have continued since the Society inadvertently gave us some free publicity...

visits

The "931" was the first Tuesday when the article was discussed. The hole in the stats with "486" and "372" respectively was when the Society shut us down.

Cedars

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

cobaltcupcake - you have a PM

JV

• clarity
    clarity

Fantastic thread ..... here's bump!

Think I'll use more "watchtower speak" in my posts

clarity

• jw07
    jw07

Clarity, mathematically it's a loosing battle for them. They don’t endorse any other websites, and are actively trying to shut them all down. Other ‘jw’ websites pro or against tend to have a slew of small articles chock full of their buzz words, words which witnesses are more likely to search for. At the same time jw.org is updated at a relatively slower rate, and the articles contain an ever increasing amount of fluff in which the brainwashing rhetoric is contained. Thus you have a growing library of fast growing anti-Watchtower content containing their keywords, and showing up ahead of, or just below jw jargon searches.

What would be ideal is a dedicated wiki exposing the truth about the truth (TTAT). Nothing that will alarm the average jw at a glance, but definitions which will help them see the flip-flopping of doctrine, and help to wake them up quickly. For instance outlining the ‘stand’ on blood and how the doctrine has flip flopped over the years, citing dates, and quoting articles in sequence.

Or the view on higher education, and quotes, and links to scans of articles from the mid 1900s to present. For instance

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!".

If done right, avoiding copyright issues, and linking directly to their website to show flip flopping doctrines can wake allot of jws up!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I attribute the inflow of newbies in the past couple months to this permission to use the internet.

• cedars
    cedars

jgnat

I attribute the inflow of newbies in the past couple months to this permission to use the internet.

Out of curiousity, would it be possible to get any hard numbers on this influx for posterity?

Cedars

• erbie
    erbie

That's a great quote from the Awake jw07.

I remember reading that and believing it.

Anyway, it is a comfort to know that the 'Website discussion' is still backfiring.

• label licker
    label licker

Can't wait to hear feed back when the householder asks you into their home and start asking questions about 1914, Michael and other things while stareing at their laptop on the table. That's what happened to us last March. I got up to see why he was asking those questions and low and behold he was reading from Johnny the bethelite. I went home and googled it and one of the links lead me to other sites. I knew I was done then and there. Got on the phone and asked a family that I'm close to if they ever saw these sites and the answer was yes and they also are done.

It will be interesting to see what happens when a jw is asked in to their homes, though, take off their shoes and coats, just get comfortable and the householder does to them what happened to us. We were like what the??????? I look back and laugh now about it but all it takes is one site or one bite of the fruit and your done.

• jw07
    jw07

HAHAHA!! Label! By directing people to the INTERNET they have set up a worldwide jw entrapment kit! I've heard about, and I can see far more of those types of ambushes happening. Glad to know you and some close to you are out. I still have to test the waters slowly, since I don't know if most of my friends are bluffing, or have found out they have been had by the WBTS.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Excellent thread. It slipped by and I never noticed it.
    Cedars I am thrilled that your wife will be able to respond to her mom about what she read on (Your) internet site. Too funny.

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit