Your earliest doubt?

by Apognophos 92 Replies latest jw experiences

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I think I always had a hunch there was more to the story than I was being told. We used to go Back Packing or tent camping in Mt Rainier National Park a lot when I was a kid. We had to hang our food to keep the bears away and take certain precautions to avoid encounters with them. I remember hiking by a mountain lake or waterfall and my Mom saying " Isn't it great to be out among Jehovah's creation ?" "Isn't he a loving God for providing such a beautiful home for us? " I said something like "Yeah, but why did he have to make it so there are also bears here that want to eat us ?" There was silence from Mom but I noticed my non JW Dad was supressing a smirk.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I remember at a very early age(single digits at least) that I couldn't wrap my mind around the "Jehovah's been here forever and had no beginning" thing. My thought was if the earth was only 6000 years old then what was J. doing for all that time before?

Was he just sitting around jerking off for a killion trillion years? Who knows?

• designs
    designs

Bob- The special talks in the early 1920s. Its affectionately called Clevelandf$%&kingOhio

I kind of knew Freddie was nuts after his 7000 year creative day thing was changed and 75 blew up in his face, after that it was just a steady slide of changes and disappointments and that final walk out the KH door.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Humans only being 6000 years old, the Noah story and all animals being created vegetarian.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

When I was about 7. I couldn't understand (and still don't) why we have to suffer for God to prove a point to one of is former angels. I remember thinking it had been proven already by all the old people in my hall and the people in the concentration camps.

I remember thinking how silly it was that we all get sick because one lady took a bite out of some forbidden fruit. In my mind, I thought he should have just killed that lady since she was the only lady at that time and started over.

I used to ask a LOT of questions and when I was 9, I told my mom something was not right and that the elders didn't understand things the right why because they didn't have enough schooling. I was told to never speak ill of the elders and that I would understand more when I got older. To which I replied something about I'm not suppose to get older if the JW stuff is true. I remember that because that remark got me on punishment and I couldn't go the waterpark with the older sisters that were taking all the kids in the hall.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yea that Rev book study just got stupid after a while. With all the updates. The pouring out of the 7 bowls was hardly monumental. As was pointed out, most dubs nowadays have no clue about that teaching. It just added to the pile of doubts that were forming

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

It was realizing that the nice "Christian" lady next door and hitler would have the same "punishment".

My aged and toxic parents would be resurrected but at the time I was being a good little dubby girl and only "might" survive" armageddon. That wasn't a doubt about the troof, just about God's standards of fairness and justice seem to make mine look wildly off kilter.

First big doubt was after being counselled against giving the African boat people who washed up half dead on our beaches any help other than a bible study.

• cedars
    cedars

My first ever doubt came in 1999 when I reached pages 141 and 142 of the Daniel book.

Cedars

• BU2B
    BU2B

Hard to label the earliest one, but one of them was the Watchtower teaching that no one who died cold marry in the new world. (I realize now Jesus was referring to heavanly life) I always thought about how cruel this seemed. I picture a couple who love each other very much who both died in a accident, the next thing they know they awaken in the new world! Only they cant be together anymore. Can you imagine the longing, the passion for one another, and then to be forcibly separated? Sounds more like hell to me. What about the wife that dies and is resurected only to see her husband with another woman happily living life, while she is alone. I thought, even If I got to be married in the new world, I couldnt bear to see all the others who were ressurected wwith no one.

Docile, zombie like animals, buisness casual clothes at all times? I always heard the witnesses say they are going to travel here or there, build this or that, sail the world etc. Somehow from the time I was in my teens I knew that this would not be a world where you could do what you want. I would be like bethel, rigid, plenty of rules, and you do what youre told.

I came to realize I didnt want to live in this place and didnt care weather it was true or not, and only then did I begin to do outside research and found out TTATT.

• happy@last
    happy@last

1. Why god made king David's baby suffer and die

2. Why he would allow a paedophile be reinstated into his 'protected' congregation without showing any remorse or repentance.

Many more but you asked for 2!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit