Your earliest doubt?

by Apognophos 92 Replies latest jw experiences

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

JH.... A talking ass ????

Lying and politics by the elders when I was a teenager. Somehow I got over it. :(

• Fernando
    Fernando

As with many other victims of cults, I imagine, a laundry list of struggles, disappointments, crimes by Pharisees, cover-ups, isolating and demonising of victims, insights, and questions built up over decades before significant doubts emerged.

So a bit hard to say.

The generation of 1914 stands out as something I knew for certain was wrong as far back as the late 1980's or early 1990's.

I walked out for good mid-2009 when the rabid and spiritually insane Pharisees attacked the unabridged Good News, from their own publications, as apostasy. For me this unmasked the venomous and twisted evil spirit within them once and for all, and explained virtually everything on the spot.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

lol... yeah, talking ass... you know, that story about balaam and his talking ass..

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Wow! You guys are recalling some interesting things. My first doubts, that I recall anyway, were from the Revelation Climax book saying that key talks from the 1919 and 1922 District Conventions fulfilled Bible prophecy about stinging scorpions and pouring out the 7 bowls upon the earth. So those talk fullfilled prophecy and Babylon the Great was stunned by the talks?? Huh? Even Jehovah's Witnesses don't know what those talk were about. What zaniness.

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

Bob_nc - yep, for me it wasn't the seven bowls... It was the seven trumpet blasts, lol!

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

It was realizing that the nice "Christian" lady next door and hitler would have the same "punishment".

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I wasn't born-in, so I didn't think of all 'worldly' people as evil or whatever.

But my first doubts came regarding prayer. Good things would happen to people, they'd struggle with some problem, and then gloat that they had made it a matter of prayer, and they were blessed by Jehovah. Well I had struggled with many of the same problems with very different outcomes. So what gives? Well that's not Jehovah's fault! You just need to be patient. It made less and less sense to me as time went on. Then an elder was asking me how things were when I went out of work sick----I had made a lot of arrangements and was doing fine financially etc. He said, "How can you not see Jehovah is blessing you? You are being taken care of and you can't even work!" Of course!

I turned to him and said, "Yes, OR that could have just been good planning on my part. I worked hard for a company with great benefits, and most of the people there made the same choices I did, and they aren't in the 'truth'. Yet they would received the same 'blessings', which sounds more like good planning."

That wasn't the final straw, as I did not realize I was 'falling out of the truth' for some time. That was more of an epiphany, but looking back I saw where I had started to question things, and this was a biggie for me.

• Violia
    Violia

many doubts due to things that happened to me, how could Jehovah's spirit allow this? I guess 1975 , the Bethel mess in 79-80, the change in the Baptism vows. The one thing that sealed the deal with me was the change in the ransom doctrine. I knew they were wrong.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

What's hard to believe about a talking ass?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DrRE1LDY_U

• clarity
    clarity

Is'nt that the very same talking ass that the gb pulls the "new lite"

out of ???????????????????????

>

Yeeeesssssssss... I think it is!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit