"Right to bear arms" should mean ...

by Simon 616 Replies latest members politics

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Legal ownership of a gun, Beks.

LOL, you mean making owning a gun of any kind illegal?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

We can debate the gun issue in a week or so.

How long do we need to wait between gun tragedies to discuss this? 'Cause apparently if it's longer than 24 hours, this country won't make it.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    If by some magic, gun violence would come to an ultimate end by all of us surrenderin g our guns, I would GLADLY and WITHOUT HESITATION surrender ALL of my firearms.

And herein lies the crux of the problem. Who in bloody hell ever said anything about surrendering our guns???

Ohhh that's right, the NRA purports this as imminent every year. Resulting in HUGE gun sales, go figure. Oh and massive fear and distrust. Gawwwwwwd.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Let us decide - Bizzy, Beks, Simon, James - ( I have not seen BTS here, strangely) -

Shall we make a thread purely on the topic of gun ownership in the United States?

Shall we debate it honestly?

Who can start that thread without BIAS?

I would nominate our senior poster Terry...perhaps he can do it in less than one hundred sentences...

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

*sigh* some folks just love to sensationalize and argue, I guess. Can't say anything without people twisting things and jumping down your throat.

Still the same old, tired shit.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    OK Beks. I think you own a shotgun while you are denouncing me for owning a shotgun.
    Literally.
    Where did I denounce anyone for owning any kind of firearm James? Please quote.
    Here ya go, Beks -
    Ok, since it was too early for Bob Costas to talk about it less than two weeks ago, and too early to talk about it a few days before that when the kid in Fl was shot, and I guess it's too early to talk about it after the Oregon Mall shooting.......................exactly when is it that will be a good time to talk about it?

I assume we both know what "IT" was?

Perfect example of one side being so stuck in their rut, they can't even have a conversation. You've had your brains washed so thoroughly you can't even have an honest reaction.

The IT I was referring to was simply gun violence. I have a host of ideas about what is wrong here, and quite frankly very little of it has to do with gun control.

Yet............no one answered my question about what exactly "well regulated" in the 2nd means. Why? Why can't you guys address even that? Has word on that one not come down from the mothership?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Shall we make a thread purely on the topic of gun ownership in the United States?

I have no interest in debating gun ownership. Regulation maybe. Other issues that may be contributiing to our violent society, definately.

• james_woods
    james_woods

OK, Beks. We are all upset now.

Shall we talk about all this in the morning?

• dazed but not confused
  • EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The same old tired shit is coming from the "gun lovers", because the rest of us aren't even allowed to open our mouths.

So, today, when I simply asked what people meant by gun show loophole and suggested that engaging in hyperbole was no way to hold a rational discussion, I was pretty well villified, and not by the "gun lovers".

Your point is, well, not entirely accurate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit