"Right to bear arms" should mean ...

by Simon 616 Replies latest members politics

• Mary
    Mary

OK, so for the Americans who do not think that gun control is either the issue or part of the solution, why do you think these mass shootings keep happening in the States? And what would you do to change things?

• TD
    TD

RubaDub

It can be as high as eight shells in some models, Deputy Dog is in law enforcement and understands the technical issues very well.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

You can buy magazines for shotguns and you can get "semi-automatic" shot guns.

If you know what you are doing you'd be surprised how fast you can reload a shotgun.

Shotguns are used by many SWAT and SpeOPs teams for "room clearing".

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

""If I could have saved even one of those people, I'd give up every gun I have. But that wouldn't have saved any of them. Neither would stricter gun controls, since this creep stole the weapons he used from his mother, who had them legally in a state that has one of the strictest gun control schemes in this country.""

This is a conundrum. Why even make the statement that has no meaning, you would not give up your guns for a cause you beleive will have no success. Connative dissonance?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

If I take up arms against my government due to it being totalitarian, I guarantee you at least 75% of our armed forces will be standing side by side with me.

You might need a mental evaluation. Seriously, that is some deranged talk.

<<<<This is a conundrum. Why even make the statement that has no meaning, you would not give up your guns for a cause you beleive will have no success. Connative dissonance?>>>>

Frankiespeakin,

I think you're referring to "cognitive dissonance," and it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever as used in your post. Feel free to try your attack again, but this time, leave the big words for those who comprehend their meaning.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

There are quite a few people who have commented on this thread who I hope never have access to a gun.

Wow.

Rub a Dub

• TD
    TD
    There are quite a few people who have commented on this thread who I hope never have access to a gun.

LOL. --Don't know if I'm included in that, but I locked mine up and destroyed the only key during a pretty bad bout of depression, so my access is gone for now.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm thinking CD was the cause of such a statement that's why the "?". That is why i think you made the meaningless statement to the effect that if giving up all your guns would save just one life, but then make the negative assertion that it would not so you in effect won't have to give up your guns. Which amounts to a meaningless statement, such as "I would help if I could but I can't so I won't".

• DavePerez
    DavePerez

So here's a question for all here who are basically saying their right to bear arms is unlimited, saying "guns don't kill people: PEOPLE kill people".

How do you feel about U.S. attempts (covert and overt) to limit Iran's development of nuclear weapons? Are you for, or against, nuclear arms control?

After all, remember that "nuclear weapons don't kill people: PEOPLE kill people".

So if someone develops a nuclear weapon which can be fired from a rifle, are you going to demand a right to own one of those, too, citing your 2nd amendment rights? No limits, at all?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit