FINALLY! Can you prove God exists? If you can I won't ask again!

by punkofnice 544 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tater-T
  • iCeltic
    iCeltic

I agree with that. We use evidence and logic is virtually every other area of our lives and yet, on this most important issue many choose not to. It boggles belief. If our lives somehow hang in the balance, why not be crystal clear with evidence? I don't understand, if there is a god, why god would kill most of mankind because he chose not to reveal himself.

If he was absolutely crystal clear on who he was there wouldn't be 1000's of religions with 10,000's of different views, beliefs etc. if our lives depend on it why not make sure we get it with no mistake? Why talk in riddles? Those things do not make any sense whatsoever to me. It's actually disgusting when I read folk saying the bible, or god or Jesus spoke in riddles because those people didn't deserve to know. You want worshipped or not for crying out loud!

i don't think it's asking too much for god to reveal himself without the threat of death hanging over us.

• humbled
    humbled

Cofty,

I would never deny that non-theists and people of other religions love one another--But for christians to fail to love is to fail completely.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

People fail to love on a daily basis, many of them Christian. It's no more important for you to love than it is me.

• humbled
    humbled

Of course--everyone should love. my point is that of all the things debated by christians there is only one thing that their leader said was the sine qua non of their being:love. so love should never be less for a christian than it is for you, iCeltic.

• never a jw
    never a jw

It's not possible to prove or disprove God. It's a waste of time. However, disproving the inerrancy of the Bible, well, that's child's play.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It is not possible to prove the existence of Pink Unicorns with Purple Spots, but if someone contends they do exist the onus is on them to prove it, not on us to disprove it.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

The Japanese have a word for that - Yugen.

The Japanese have a word for everything! Their words seem more descriptive than English.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Let's remember that, God did not 'create' the Bible, man did, which men ! and why ?

Also there are a lot of books that are missing, kept from us, again, why so ?

God (as the story goes) 'inspired scriptures' there is a big difference.

It is those inspired scriptures which are supposed to be adhered to, not the 'Bible' per se. the Bible collection of books.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Invisible again.. HUMBLED, do you have any response to my question about the Bible vs. Miracles? Thanks :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit