FINALLY! Can you prove God exists? If you can I won't ask again!

by punkofnice 544 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I see we're getting nowhere with this. If you insist on using things you've read in the bible, a book that ok's rape, murder, incest etc, then I have to remove myself from this conversation.

Proof? Ask him to perform a miracle in front of us all to prove it, as in the planet earth. And ask him to do it without threatening to murder most of mankind.

quoting the disciples from the bible is a very sad attempt at offering proof. Try giving proof without that book. No need to quote this that and the next thing, no one is interested in quotes, just give solid proof, if you cannot do that (you haven't so far) then your arguments are completely pointless. You believing in God doesn't make it so.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

The disciples and attesting eye-witnesses made the claim that Jesus rose from the dead on the third day. I see no reasonable grounds for doubting them.

Really? Some people you don't know said something thousands of years ago, and you take their claims of supernatural events as truth with no evidence other than their claim? Then why not believe Mohammed? Why do you not believe all the people here who claim to be Jesus?

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Satanus and LisaRose - spot on!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Satanus,

The Pharisees demanded a sign. Jesus didn't give it to them. Instead He spoke in parables so they wouldn't get it.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Again, using stuff from a book. No proof.

LisaRose - I must have missed this, there are folk on this forum who think they are Jesus?

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

at least Julia Orwell was honest... props to her

• Satanus
    Satanus

So, cuz we ask for the same signs that he gave his schleppers, we are pharisses, and we aren't supposed to get it? Like, we don't deserve it? The old cat and mouse - true believers don't need signs/proof that jesus lives, those who need proof before they are willing to believe don't deserve proof.

S

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Lisa Rose,

What would you accept as proof that Jesus rose from the dead?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Satanus,

Are you a religious hypocrite? If so, you are a Pharisee. If not, why do you seek to apply it to yourself? The point is that demands for proof did not necessarily warrant a response. I'll let the risen Christ decide who gets all the proof they need.

• Satanus
    Satanus

You are the one suggesting that i'm on the same level as pharisees, and don't deserve proof. Its you, man. Don't put it on me. 'Course, its just a cop out.

'The point is that demands for proof did not necessarily warrant a response.'

I'm not important enough. Got it.

'I'll let the risen Christ decide who gets all the proof they need.'

Another cop out. You came on as an advocate for jesus; now, you are abdicating. Jesus said to ask anything in his name, and he would do it. His words.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit