FINALLY! Can you prove God exists? If you can I won't ask again!

by punkofnice 544 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Iceltic,

<<A crazy Rabbi? It's not just the watchtower who brainwash people.>>

What could a crazy Rabbi have said or done to convince the disciples that Jesus had risen? Mascaraded as Jesus perhaps?

<<the burden of proof isn't on me Vanderhoven7, it's on you claiming it to be true. Offer proof, not statements that prove nothing. >>

The disciples claimed Christ's resurrection to be true and they proved they were convinced by what they saw when they gave up their lives for the risen Lord and His kingdom.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I get that feeling whenever I contemplate the vastness of the universe. Thanks for that word...I like it!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Here is a powerful word: Acts 1:3 says:

To whom also He showed himself alive after His passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

• still thinking
    still thinking

and not just scriptures (even though quoting the bible as proof of god is in my view incredibly .....silly, for want of a better word) but line after line of bible talk with no proof being offered.

I agree, using the bible as proof has no meaning to anyone who does not already believe in the bible. But people who quote from it seem to think it does. If we quote the Ghagavad Gita as evidence...does that make their gods real? Is it evidence of their gods. Does it mean anything to christian? That book is considered holy by Millions of people too. Just like the Quran. I honestly don't think that 'beleivers' get this simple logic..if they did...they would stop quoting the bible as if it means something to anyone but themselves. Some believers try to claim that they quote the bible for OUR benefit. But that is utter nonsense. Because WE don't believe any of it. It is for their benefit that they quote it. Because without it...they have nothing else to support what they claim. Without the bible or any other holy book. The discussion has ended before it has begun.
  • iCeltic
    iCeltic

I've no idea what a crazy rabbi (Jesus) could have done, again, the burden of proof isn't on me, it's on you. Give proof! Real proof! Stop using things said in the bible. Give actual, honest proof without the usual garbabe.

Do you have that within you? People have repeatedly been asking for proof and people like you continue to spout things written in the bible, that's no proof! Give actual proof or give up on this thread.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Still thinking, they do it because they won't be happy until we believe what they believe. They don't listen. He's been asked repeatedly for proof without the use of the bible and the next post is a scripture from his holy book. Bordering on the idiotic.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

How many Atheists try to discredit the Bhagavad- Gita?

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Stop asking questions, give answers!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Iceltic,

The disciples and attesting eye-witnesses made the claim that Jesus rose from the dead on the third day. I see no reasonable grounds for doubting them.

What would you accept as proof that Jesus rose from the dead?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Vander

Jesus should provide proof to each one of us that demands it, just like it is said that he did for his schleppers. Is that too much to ask?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit