Why do people proudly say they belong to Jesus ?

by mP 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still thinking
    still thinking

A miracle! My prayers have been answered..EVIDENCE!....Can't guarantee you'll win though punk...that's up to him...he knows if you need that money or not...and if you've been naughty or nice.

By the way, just because your name is punkofnice...that is not evidence...God needs real evidence...lol

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

still thinking - Is he Santa by any chance?

BTTT

It was a very weird place to be when I first started doubting god. I'm over it and feel that too many people have died over it.

• still thinking
    still thinking

If you won the lottery you'd think he was fricking Santa...lol

And he does have a book that he will check to see if your name is written in.....so......

Annnnd....I've heard he is coming again....verrrry soon.... possibly invisibly....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

still thinking - I wonder if Santa exists??

I think my take on religion is that so many people go with the crowd. If you live in a xtian community area then folk will go with that crowd, same as if you live in Pakistan the crowd is mainly Muslim.

I also believe in the invisible dragon in the garage.

"A fire-breathing dragon lives in my garage."

Suppose I seriously make such an assertion to you. Surely you'd want to check it out, see for yourself. There have been innumerable stories of dragons over the centuries, but no real evidence. What an opportunity!

"Show me", you say, and I lead you to my garage. You look inside and see a ladder, empty paint cans, an old tricycle - but no dragon

"Where's the dragon", you ask.

"Oh, she's right here", I reply, waving vaguely. "I neglected to mention that she's an invisible dragon".

You propose spreading flour on the floor of the garage to capture the dragon's footprints. "Good idea", I say, "but this dragon floats in the air". Then you'll use an infrared sensor to detect the invisible fire. "Good idea, but the invisible fire is also heatless", I say. You'll spray-paint the dragon and make her visible. "Good idea, except she's an incorporeal (bodyless) dragon and the paint won't stick!"

And so on. I counter every physical test you propose with a special explanation of why it won't work.

Now what is the difference between an invisible, incorporeal, floating dragon who spits heatless fire and no dragon at all? If there's no way to disprove my contention, no conceivable experiment that would count against it, what does it mean to say that my dragon exists? You're inability to invalidate my hypothesis is not at all the same thing as proving it true. Claims that cannot be tested, assertions immune to disproof are veridically worthless, whatever value they may have in inspiring us or in exciting our sense of wonder. What I'm asking you to do comes down to believing, in the absence of evidence, on my say-so.

• still thinking
    still thinking

still thinking - I wonder if Santa exists??

I think the 'evidence' is too strong to deny it....

I like Carl Sagan... That is a great read...and his dragon is as real as Santa...lol

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sagan has even been quoted by the holy watchtower!

• mP
    mP

Arb:

1 Timothy 1:12-13 -And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry, although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man." Paul thank's Christ Jesus.

mP:

I will highlight the text that actually applies to Jesus from your quote...

>>Christ Jesus our Lord<<

I never stated that Paul did not acknowldge Jesus, because he did. The point i was making is that as a man who walked, talked and lived on earth, Paul knows nothing and says nothing.

Feel free to show more examples..

• mP
    mP

StillThinking:

Sorry to hear that. i always block quote my quotes and include a link above / below.

I also prefix who said what including my own response so its clear who is saying what...

I can see why you got confused my last post on page 4 was badly done the last few paragraphs are actually from ARB i should have done a better job and marked them as such.

hth

• mP
    mP

ARB:

Luke "the physcian" must have interviewed the Apostle Paul and others who were at the "Blasphemy Charge" Paul had to endure as he recounts how Jesus Christ came to him and changed his life to work good to the Christian community

mP:

Firstly Luke cannot be trusted because in Acts he gives three different accounts of Pauls conversion on the road to Damascus which greatly contradict each tother.

Most of the stuff below is about his miraculous conversion. Notice ACTS itself contradicts its own story and then it contradicts Galatians. If we accept for now that Paul wrote Galatians then Luke has a major mistake that simply is not acceptable if we want accuracy and quality reporting.

DID PAULS COMPANIONS HEAR THE VOICE ?

Yes, they heard the voice.No, they didn't hear the voice.
    Acts 9:7
    And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
    Acts.22:9
    And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.

Were the men with Paul knocked to the ground?

Yes, they fell to the ground.No, they remained standing.
    Acts 26:14
    And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
    Acts 9:7
    And the men which jour

Did Paul go to Jerusalem from Damascus immediately after his conversion?

YesNo
    Acts 9:26
    And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple.
    Galatians 1:16-17
    To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
  • cantleave
    cantleave

mP are you inferring that the infallible word of god is errrhmm what do you say? Fallible and inconsistent!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit