Why do people proudly say they belong to Jesus ?

by mP 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mP
    mP

I know what the statement means im just baffled why anyone would select words like "belong" or a that they are a "servant" of Jesus ?

I mean ive never heard anybody say they belong to their parents or their spouse, so why are they property of Jesus as in servitude ? Why would anyon e then go about making boastful pronoucnements about how great Jesus is after he requires total servitude ? Why cant they just say i love Jesus because hes a nice guy or something less offensive.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I am the property of Jesus because I personally believe he died for my sins to buy me back from Adam's sin's. As a atheist Mp, you have a problem dealing with the meta-physical realm, concept of sin, belief in God.

We look at words meaning different things, to you the concept of being the slave of something is atrocious, to a Christian who believes what is written in the New Testament, it's a very comforting and refreshing faith to contemplate. Look, I know nothing I saw will make you change what is going through your mind at this point in time, you believe what you do, I do what I do.

• designs
    designs

Read Joseph Campbell- The Power Of Myth

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Well, how hard is it to be the slave of a dead guy? You can do whatever you want; while claiming to be just following orders, lol.

• sizemik
    sizemik

And if you do fuck up . . . you're already off the hook. Not really servitude at all when you think about it.

• irondork
    irondork

Because a person's parents can never be what Jesus is. Because people who belong to Jesus don't fall for the "total servitude" nonsense offered up by folks like yourself. And because those who are a servant of Jesus have absolutely no compunction whatsoever in making their statements of faith in him no matter how offensive you or other like you seem to think it is.

It's really not complicated.

• mP
    mP

@arb

We look at words meaning different things, to you the concept of being the slave of something is atrocious, to a Christian who believes what is written in the New Testament, it's a very comforting and refreshing faith to contemplate. Look, I know nothing I saw will make you change what is going through your mind at this point in time, you believe what you do, I do what I do.

mP:

This is not a question of belief. I am not judging what anyone believes, im simply questioning the language and terms. Why use terms like slavery and its extremely violent, negative and sad history ? Slavery throughout history has always been tough in general. Why would anyone want to associate such a terrible sad past with your own "relationship" with Jesus ? We all have family and care for them but none of us call us slaves of them... that would be tragic and sad.

• mP
    mP

@Irondork:

Because a person's parents can never be what Jesus is. Because people who belong to Jesus don't fall for the "total servitude" nonsense offered up by folks like yourself. And because those who are a servant of Jesus have absolutely no compunction whatsoever in making their statements of faith in him no matter how offensive you or other like you seem to think it is.

It's really not complicated.

mP:

What exactly amazing thing did Jesus do ? Im being serious here... SO he died, big deal lots of people have died as victims of injustice. We have the same invention of greatness said by suicide bombers by relatives and others with political motivations. Are we to honestly believe that these idiots who blow themselves up to also be holy and somehow paying some stupid debt to god ?

Is god so barbaric that he requires human sacrifice for some past evil, because humans are depraved and do human sacrifices so he matches them ? WOuldnt a good father simply wipe the slate clean and improve social relationships by saying human sacrifices are bad and kindness and forgiveness is good enough. Where is the elevated example of superior goodness from Jehovah ?

THis brings up the next part of the original statement. WHy would the co creator of the universe need servants on earth ? What exactly would these servants need to do ? We as humans dont ask our lessers like ants to do stuff for us. Thats madness.

• Satanus
    Satanus

A faulse modesty, gives them moral credit to boost their ego. From their faulsely modest superior position they can make all kinds of pronouncements and do all kinds of crap without taking personal responsibility. See aguest.

S

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Satanus, I am coming in more contact with various Christians who are more real. So far they don't get a big moral boost by playing "Moral Mike" or "Holy Joe" with no giant ego!

Mp: Joseph was Pharoh's slave, Moses's was Jehovah's slave, "Paul a slave of Jesus Christ" considered everything in the material world as "nothing, valueless" to the riches of the world, each of these men loved their different masters. Real slaves of Christ are treated well, we will become sons and daughters of the Father through our Master's leadership.

Again, the negative connotation of "slave" applied to "sex-slaves", "slavery in America", "South America" is not the type of Slavery a Christian under Jesus Christ feels. We have "Freedom of Christ" as Christians who are suppose to grow in greater spirituallity. I am sorry you have dealt with your share of bad Christians and others of this religious world. I wish people would be more "real" and not fall into "Satanus's" experiences with people who assert they are "Slaves of Christ" but behave in "mock humility" or hipocrisy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit