Why do people proudly say they belong to Jesus ?

by mP 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Real slaves of Christ are treated well, we will become sons and daughters of the Father through our Master's leadership.

According to Paul you were adopted at the moment of your conversion. Was he wrong about that?:

The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. - Romans 8:15,16

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty read verse 9 belong to christ! most are a slave to sin, people do according to there will most please themselves, a christian wants to please christ. simple as that.

• still thinking
    still thinking

This is worth repeating...Thanks Cofty.... Who calls their 'children' slaves? And what child refers to themselves as a slave?

The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. - Romans 8:15,16

• cantleave
    cantleave

I would never be a gimp for a fictional zombie.

But hey! Horses for courses......

• mP
    mP

Satanus:

A faulse modesty, gives them moral credit to boost their ego. From their faulsely modest superior position they can make all kinds of pronouncements and do all kinds of crap without taking personal responsibility. See aguest.

S

mP:

Thats often true, but that hardly explains the association. It would work equally well if they called themselves friends.

• mP
    mP

@Aborles

Satanus, I am coming in more contact with various Christians who are more real. So far they don't get a big moral boost by playing "Moral Mike" or "Holy Joe" with no giant ego!

mP:

err, what exactly is a xian ? For most of our history, xianity has been the biggest motivation and killing machine in human history. Go ask the natives of the Americas, Africa, Asia, Middle East etc...

@A

Mp: Joseph was Pharoh's slave, Moses's was Jehovah's slave, "Paul a slave of Jesus Christ" considered everything in the material world as "nothing, valueless" to the riches of the world, each of these men loved their different masters.

mP:

What does Joseph being a slave or Pharoah got to do with anything ? Thats hardly a moral justification for this language. Is God following Pharoah for his example of how to treat and talk to humans ?

@A

Real slaves of Christ are treated well, we will become sons and daughters of the Father through our Master's leadership.

mP:

Im sorry this nonsense, like i said why not just call them friends why use a horrible label like slave.

@A

Again, the negative connotation of "slave" applied to "sex-slaves", "slavery in America", "South America" is not the type of Slavery a Christian under Jesus Christ feels. We have "Freedom of Christ" as Christians who are suppose to grow in greater spirituallity. I am sorry you have dealt with your share of bad Christians and others of this religious world. I wish people would be more "real" and not fall into "Satanus's" experiences with people who assert they are "Slaves of Christ" but behave in "mock humility" or hipocrisy.

mP:

THis is utter garbage, slavery has never been soft and fuzzy. its always been a tough cruel life. Look at the bible for your own exaples... it lets masters beat the crap out of their slaves and also the rght to rape slave girls.

• mP
    mP

@cofty

According to Paul you were adopted at the moment of your conversion. Was he wrong about that?:

mP:

Adoption or not, thats hardly a reason to use slave ... If anything Paul seems to side w/ my original view.

• designs
    designs

A 'house slave' was considered a step up from a 'field slave' and some within the Fundamentalist movement still think that way. Millions of slaves suffered a sort of Stockhom syndrome and coverted to the christian faith of their owners.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i am a slave of christ and a friend of god, i dont see a problem, i submit and surrender my life to do his will, i follow christ,he is my leader,my creator and my lord and savior, i beleive in lordship salvation and have jesus as lord(or boss) of my life.

• still thinking
    still thinking

i submit and surrender my life to do his will...unstopableravens

How do people KNOW what 'his will' is? Did he tell you what he wants? Or are you just going by what the bible (written by people) says?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit