Why do people proudly say they belong to Jesus ?

by mP 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its a metaphor stating ones spiritual righteousness .

Of course what people say and what people do are quite distinguishable from one and another

• Satanus
    Satanus

John15:15 I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from my Father.

John20:17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’ ”

Jesus called his disciples brothers, not slaves. Yet these psuedo righteous ones think that calling themselves slaves of jesus makes them better. Seems to me that the slave of christ thing originated from paul.

S

• tornapart
    tornapart

I would say I belong to Christ, I'm happy to say I belong to him and yes proud of it. A feeling I never had as a JW, belonging to a religion. It was like feeling I had a noose round my neck. This is very very different. There is a freedom in belonging. I don't expect others to understand it unless they feel the same way. I know other christians feel this way. It's not like being a 'slave', it's like being with someone who understand everything about you and loves you anyway.

• Satanus
    Satanus

People fall back on their primal animal herd instinct of belonging to a group. Nothing wrong w that, just saying. If that does it for you, go for it. Far be it from me to stampede the herd, scattering them.

S

• tornapart
    tornapart

Don't atheists all stick together in a herd too? Are they any different?

• Satanus
    Satanus

No, we are like tigers that walk alone.

S

• tornapart
    tornapart

Tigers out to get their prey.. LOL

• cantleave
    cantleave

Don't atheists all stick together in a herd too? Are they any different?

Not me I hate other atheists - they are all souless, amoral and just not as cool as me.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Don't worry, they don't bite, except when sweetly judged by christians. Don't poke da tiger, he won't bite.

S

• tornapart
    tornapart

I love tigers.. my favourite animal..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit