I've started writing my book...

by cedars 84 Replies latest members private

• Bollonkers
    Bollonkers

Wasn't he that bloke that got all crazy and more militant and got bigged up on here until he pepper-sprayed 2 elderly JWs in the face at his door?

Ouch!! suddenly he got dropped like a sack of shit! LOL

• moshe
    moshe

yeah, that's danny- I spotted the new danny within his first 50 posts, but I'm cool with him being here.

• moshe
    moshe

For a newby, you are very informed.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia
    I loved Barbara Grizzuti Harrison's book

Me, too. It was intensely personal, and yet I recognized a lot of my life in hers. Very readable, and for a fading JW it was a real eye=opener.

• Bollonkers
    Bollonkers

lol Moshe- I was way before 2005

• moshe
    moshe
    and empathize with those who want to get out but can't.

So this book is a pity party for spinless faders? Lots of loser groups want sympathy for their self-inflicted plight. A better book, IMO would show a path for faders (like you) who feel trapped in a religion they want to leave, but are mental/physical hostages to it- AND found a viable way to cast off their chains and gain victory over the WT oppressors. Would you buy a book that sought to gain empathy for alchoholics who can't quit drinking, written by a self confessed alchoholic? I don't think so.

• KristiKay
    KristiKay

I'm just speaking for myself, I have never been a JW, I only studied for six months, and the whole time I knew it was bullshit.. I was in a really wierd space, the funny thing that I never

divulged here is that my aquanitence with "said JW" led me to be locked up in mental facailty for a week, LOL!! I know it sounds funny, and maybe I will tell the story someday, but

I would definatly read your book, I also read OTWOs book and enjoyed it, I am not the least bit affected by any relegion, I just find it very interesting how people can be so decieved

by wanting to believe a fairytail?! I know that's not the reason all Jws are JWs, I do not mean to offend, alls I'm say'n is I would read the book

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I hadn't read all the responses, but I gotta comment on these incompatibles:

I regard this as my "unique selling point", namely the fact that this book being written and published will inevitably get me disfellowshipped,

I will be primarily writing the book with the wider public in mind, and writing in a way that they can hopefully grasp things and empathize with our plight. I will, however, be writing with one eye on existing JWs in an attempt to appeal to their common sense.

Outsiders won't get it until something else besides your unique selling point captures their attention. Existing JW's would not read such a book at all unless they do so in secret.

I suggest you write for the sake of telling it well.

• cedars
    cedars

Moshe

self-inflicted plight

Not a combination of words I would use in describing born-ins like myself, or those who are love-bombed into joining when emotionally vulnerable for that matter. We are both talking about the same religion aren't we?

OnTheWayOut

I suggest you write for the sake of telling it well.

Great advice.

Cedars

• cantleave
    cantleave

How about some badly drawn illustrations with "subliminal" images to appeal to the conspiracy nutters?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit