I've started writing my book...

by cedars 84 Replies latest members private

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

Sent a PM to Cedars with a thought / idea for some content

• minimus
    minimus

Cedars, my tip for your book to be special-- is to write extensively about me, ok?

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks chaps! I do appreciate the continued support and encouragement. You'll be pleased to know I'm nearly halfway through the first chapter, which will be the sample for my book proposal. I'm finding it a bittersweet process. I love the writing part, but I'm paranoid about making it sound as good as possible, and I find myself proofreading and changing things multiple times, which can get quite tiresome. It's a steep learning curve, but on the whole I'm enjoying it.

Minimus...

Cedars, my tip for your book to be special-- is to write extensively about me, ok?

I'm glad you mentioned that. I already have ideas, including an entire chapter on your distressing mattress predicament!

Lied2NoMore...

Thanks for your suggestion. I intend to plan for the repercussions and incorporate these into my book as much as possible. Great minds think alike!

problemaddict...

Interviews may well play some part, depending on circumstances. If I get a decent advance, I may well invest some of it in visiting a few individuals in person! I do appreciate your own offer. I'm always interested in hearing people's stories, whether I end up writing about them or not. Feel free to email me with the general gist of your experience. It's [email protected]...

James Brown

I really do appreciate your careful thought regarding my project. I think I will stick with plan A (the book proposal) for now, and if that fails I can always resort to plan B (writing the book anyway, and maybe going down the self-publishing route). If I go with plan B, I may well choose a pen name and forget the whole "disclosure" idea. My idea to go out with a bang would only really work if I achieve decent circulation, which is why I'm giving this project everything to make the book as attractive as possible for a potential publisher.

Cedars

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Good for you, Cedars. It'll be a good book, if we can go by everything else we've seen from you. :)

• mind blown
    mind blown

Congrats.........raised glass

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Do it Cedars- I'm behind you 100%!

• donuthole
    donuthole

You are right that it is well trod path ... yet everyone brings a unique perspective and voice. That is valuable. Good luck! I can't wait to read it.

• minimus
    minimus

It's better than nothing, for starters.

• moshe
    moshe
    - I may well choose a pen name and forget the whole "disclosure" idea.

dang it, and you were so close to getting a hero's medal-

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks moshe. Witty as ever.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit