I've started writing my book...

by cedars 84 Replies latest members private

• Most Noble
    Most Noble

Cedars - By the way, what is your current status. You did mentioned sometime ago that you are a fader, are you still fading and have you been visited by the elders lately,... or what struggles precisely have you had lately with the JWs.

• cedars
    cedars

Some great tips everyone! I'm hoping the book will have plenty of things people can identify with, including anecdotes and personal stories. I have had some fairly unique experiences which I'm hoping people will find engaging.

Moshe, thanks for bringing things back on topic, but you've got the wrong end of the stick. I'm not aiming to help people empathize with the plight of people who wake them up at 9am. I'll hopefully be helping them to understand what (or who) makes people do that, and empathize with those who want to get out but can't. I'm aware that the world doesn't care about JWs very much, but in my view there's no harm in trying to get them to take notice. After all, Jehovah's Witnesses are in everyone's faces and on people's doorsteps a lot. There's bound to be some people out there who wonder what makes them tick.

I hope that answers some genuine reservations you may have, but I suspect that however I pitch this book you will come up with yet more reasons for me not to do it!!

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Most Noble

Cedars - By the way, what is your current status. You did mentioned sometime ago that you are a fader, are you still fading and have you been visited by the elders lately,... or what struggles precisely have you had lately with the JWs.

Yes, I'm a fader - but I have some fairly unique circumstances that are making it easier for me to stay beneath the elders' radar at present.

Cedars

• Most Noble
    Most Noble

cedars- If I may ask, what are the circumstances that makes it easier for you to stay beneath the elders' radar?

• Bollonkers
    Bollonkers

Cedars- Can I be blunt? Leaving the JW's might be the "WHOLE WORLD" to you- and probably many people who post here. But this isn't the whole World. Not in the true sense. Ths is a minority within a minority, that to be honest in the first instace, no-body even cares that much about, and much more so even less in the second.

This will not be a popular opinion here the same as it wouldn't be in other forums for disgruntled members of ex-members of some such organisations-

But that is what it is.

I just posted a Kingdom Melody I liked- enjoy!

You posts are intersting and your website is cool- please don't get carried away.

With Love

Bolllonkers

• cedars
    cedars

Bollonkers

You posts are intersting and your website is cool- please don't get carried away.

Believe me, I truly know where you're coming from. However, there have been other books about JWs that have sold quite well. If I can get anywhere near their success, I'll be happy. I'm not expecting to write a best-seller at my first attempt (although I will certainly try)! Perhaps if I try a different approach to make things understandable to outsiders, who knows? Whatever happens, I'm sure there are far more obscure subjects that people have written books about that have attracted attention. I do appreciate your input though, and kind words about the website.

Most Noble

cedars- If I may ask, what are the circumstances that makes it easier for you to stay beneath the elders' radar?

I would love to divulge, but I'm sure you'll understand if I don't go into any details that might pin me down. You can read about it in the book!!

Cedars

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Cedars: I will definitely buy your book. Write brother, write.

Kojack

• Bollonkers
    Bollonkers

ok then.

• moshe
    moshe

any ideas for a title, cedars?

The book, 30 years a Watchtower Slave, by William Schnell still has readers today- he picked a good title.

and as an aside- members who get banned, only have that online persona banned, they are free to come back under a new persona. Like Danny Hazard, he left, but he didn't leave, he is still here under a new avatar.

• Bollonkers
    Bollonkers

Danny Moshe? really/ Good God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit