non believers what if your wrong ?

by unstopableravens 546 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Isn't being just the 100% application of law? Hell, even the Bible condemns being 'too just'.

Eccliastes 7:16 Be not over just: and be not more wise than is necessary, lest thou become stupid.

At the end of this long thread... my thoughts. What if I'm wrong? I potentially loose eternal life. Well... I had a good ride. Out of all the unspeakable odds, I was born and I existed. Millions upon billions of other people could've come into existence, yet I did. I beat those odds, if only for a few years. Then, I go back into the nothingness I came from. What a strange, fragile, yet beautiful thing life is.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

knowsnothing: i still dont see how any of this makes god wrong he is not being "too just". i feel very bad for you to have that outlook, to go into nonexistance like before you were created. trust me i can see how our even being here is so crazey like if our grandparents never did this or that than the whole chain that led tu us would never be. but u are here and i dont see how you can see life as beautiful but not see how much more beautiful the maker of life is!

• flipper
    flipper

UNSTOPABLERAVENS - I'm not wrong. I don't worry about it no. Not at all. Salvation is a fictitious fantasy that religions, organized or not, put into unsuspecting people's minds to encourage them to feel guilty so they don't live their lives in the here and now so they'll give all their time, resources , energies to controlling priests, elders, popes, and church leaders so religion will proliferate just like commercial businesses proliferate and prosper due to sucking up people's money and resources. It's a marketing scam playing on religious churchgoers fears, guilt and unfounded phobia's which torment people's hidden unspoken thoughts.

You answer me this : How is it that I can have 2 adult JW daughters who have shunned me for 9 years, who claim to be " Christian " and shun me , not speaking to me or respond at all to my loving , humane cards and family photographs I send them , even though I NEVER put down their JW cult to them ? What causes them to do this ? Their " God " or their " mature elders " ? Doesn't this betray their calling themselves ' Christian " ?

Now you see just ONE of the many reasons I don't put much stock in a " God " , religion, or the Bible. Seems to me that many people use these things as a whipping post to use on other people to make them feel more superior to " non-believers " . Why is it that when you meet someone super religious or " christian " they always have to introduce themselves as , " Oh hello , I'm a Christian , how are you " ? To me it's because they have to make themselves MORE superior than a " non-believer ". For instance, I never feel the need to introduce myself as, " Hello, my name is Flipper, I'm an atheist/agnostic. How are you ? " I mean, it's just boorish behavior, tacky really. Who gives a royal fart if you are a ' Christian ", agnostic, or an atheist ?

So, no, I'm NOT wrong being a non- believer in God or alleged " Christianity " . If anything I'm more humble, accepting, and congenial towards people of aLL beliefs than most " Christians ". I don't need to have an entourage with a kingly train flowing behind me to let others know I'm better than them - because I'm not better than anybody. I'm just like everyone else , experiencing happiness and enjoying my day to day life while I have it with others I love. O.K. End of my thoughts and speech for the day. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

I do believe that there is a Creator. Now what I find hard to accept, is that this Creator will destroyed, or send to hell and torture a person for internity. I mean there thousands religions in the world, can any one tells me who holds the truth? I will need to spend my lifetime, searching who holds the truth. For sure creator is the ultimate expression of love and no matter what He will show forgiveness...

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

mr flipper: as with others thank you for yor view. first let me say this the way jw act and believe i do not agree with as do most ppl that come here so i do not think it is fair to say that your kids call themsleves christains and that is gods fault they shun you. the bible does not teach shunning so if they do than that is not because of god. thou they may think thats what god want read john 16:1-3 jesus says why ppl would do these things because they know not me or the father.when ppl id themselves as christian esp on the internet you are giving info about yourself esp here when what is being discussed is about jehovah /religion. i dont think ppl should feel as thou they are better than others because of beliefs. i dont i just think what i believe in is true .

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tammy...

I believe that paul was talking about jewish believers and gentile believers because that segment on the law (in romans 2:1-16) is sandwiched in between pauls discourse on the righteousness of God REVEALED from faith to faith.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith. romans 1:16-17

But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. romans 3:21-26

you said: "The law would be written on anyone's heart... depending upon the nature of the heart"...but the law to the jewish people was also to be seperated for holiness to [their] God...that isn't written on "anyone's heart"...that is written first on the jewish believers heart and then the genitle believers heart...throughout the OT God is calling for the jewish people to RETURN to Him and in the NT the gentile TURNS to God through Jesus Christ.

I wrote:

that seperated "holiness to God" isn't written on the non-believers heart, at all, is it?...so thelaw isn't written on non-believers hearts...but it IS written in its entirety on a gentile believers heart. ie. seperated holiness to God, justice and mercy...because the spirit of the law IS kept by the same Spirit as Jesus Christ, Who fulfilled that law (but didn't do away with it).

and you said: "and interpretation. Everyone was a believer back then, in some god or another. "...so, are you suggesting that God wrote your "law of love" on the hearts of people who worshipped other gods?...for what purpose would He WRITE on the hearts of those who worshipped idols?...

I wrote:

Scripture says that no one is justified by works of the law but by faith in God and Jesus Christ. Without faith in God it is impossible to please God. That is the impetus behind preaching the gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ. There are the saved and the lost...not the saved AND the saved by their own works apart from faith in God AND the lost. (though you seem to believe that you've found a "loop hole" in the book of revelation that completely skirts the issue of salvation IN Jesus Christ alone)

and you said: "No loophole. Mainstream doesn't teach this, and so I understand why you do not believe it."...you're right, the church nor the bible teach what you do BECAUSE the great commission is about being sent to preach the gospel of salvation IN Jesus Christ to the nations...even if one is sent to the farthest point on the earth they are sent to preach the gospel to those who haven't heard it...no one is sent ahead of Jesus Christ to preach that they will be saved by good works. The scripture that you refer to in revelation when preaching that some will be set aside as sheep by their good works is acknowledged as those who haven't heard the gospel but it is in NO WAY representitive of the present company that you preach to. You believe that you have found a loophole that those who have heard the gospel of Jesus Christ but rejected it can slip through and be saved.

you said: "You already make an exception Michelle, for those who have not had a chance to get to know Him... why do you make even that exception?"...where does Jesus indicate that people have the opportunity to get to know Him before making their decision to accept His gift of salvation or reject it?...His disciples were told, "follow Me"...without ANY preamble. scripture states...NOW is the day of salvation(2 cor. 6:1-2)

you said: "Using it [the bible] to teach that Christ and God will send people to hell, no matter that they might have done good to others, is twisting it to serve another purpose... other than to share good news and truth."...I haven't said that God or Jesus is going to send anyone to hell...I've stated that Jesus saves from the present condemnation...that is what Jesus said in john 8:24...man is already condemned...Jesus saves man from that condemnation...that salvation (or not) being the result of an action of the free will.

You have given your listeners here a third option though...they don't have to make a choice for Jesus Christ they are free to reject Him because by their good works alone they may be saved...

love michelle

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

you said: "Using it [the bible] to teach that Christ and God will send people to hell, no matter that they might have done good to others, is twisting it to serve another purpose... other than to share good news and truth."...I haven't said that God or Jesus is going to send anyone to hell...I've stated that Jesus saves from the present condemnation...that is what Jesus said in john 8:24...man is already condemned...Jesus saves man from that condemnation...that salvation (or not) being the result of an action of the free will.

In other words, Myelaine, if sharing the good stuff doesn't work, then trying to scare a person into being grateful and loving this god might work? The beatings will continue until morale has improved? This is not good news. Not at all. But you have convinced yourself it is, and that's kind of sad. It's a terrible place from which to judge the world from. If threats of hell is good news to you and an expression of love, there is no telling how that could carry over into real life scenarios. It's messed up.

• cofty
    cofty

Another case of Stockholm Syndrome masquerading as love of god.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear New Chapter...

in the 8 years I've been here I've rarely spoken about condemnation(I preach salvation in Jesus Christ)...but I'm not going to deny that Jesus spoke about it as consquence of rejecting Him.

love michelle

• OnTheWayOut

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit