I thought it was obvious that you meant that.....Cofty

You picked up on it faster than I did..

I reread that post a few times..

I still didn`t get it..

LOL!!..

..........................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• LV101
    LV101

yes, patience/kindness always good -- sorry about that Mrs. Jones but it wasn't a try!

• LV101
    LV101

Absurd statements made by Republicans in Illinoiis/Missouri about rape --- really cost them and it should. Paul Ryan believes life begins at conception but isn't against abortion if it saves the mother's life. Need to find out his exact quote.

• tec
    tec

So I think we're all clear now what Unstoppable meant: that even if something good comes from something bad (such as a life - child - from a rape)... it does not make the bad thing any less bad.

Right?

Peace,

tammy

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

tec yes i could not have said it any better myself, ohh wait i did. lol yes that was my point.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    it does not make the bad thing any less bad.

I still don't understand. I'll repost my example from a thread I started.

The story however starts years earlier when Themistocles, a politician and general campaigned for money to build a stronger navy against a probable Persian attack. The Athenians didn’t believe him – comfort, complacent and confident. And most importantly, they’d rather increase their personal wealth of Athenians than do anything to protect the common good.

Feeling strongly the need for a stronger navy, Themistocles did what many politicians have done

throughout the centuries; he lied. He told the

Athenians the small island of Aegina was planning to attack merchant ships, and they need to invest in the navy to protect their commerce. The Athenians agreed to give money to Themistocles’ navy.

Themistocles was proven just when he had built a significant navy to battle Persians forces. The interesting thing to note is Themistocles lie to the Athenians may have saved Ancient Greek civilization. Had the Persians won decisive victories at sea against Themistocles and beaten King Leonidas our modern world culture may be significantly different.

His lie saved lives. Tell me again, how is this bad? Did the Athenians feel butt-hurt from being delivered from their enemies' hands? Rather, were they greatful, even if his outright deception would later somehow hurt their egos a bit?

Here's another. If a thief steals from a thief and gives back to original owner, how is that bad? Do you see the importance of intent, motivation, and end-results? I believe that the ends justify the means.

• tec
    tec

I believe that the ends justify the means.

Maybe.

But none of us knows the end.

Meaning that his small 'end' in the grand scheme of things could just be luck, and another using the same tactics might cause harm.

In any case, I gave my thoughts to your scenario in more detail on your thread.

Peace,

tammy

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

knowsnothing: im talking from gods stand point lying is a sin no matter what the means or reason. in life we can try to find ways to get around things. i understand we can see the outcome of something and say well if i did not break gods law than it would be worse, thats a natural thought but if yahweh lowered his standard would non believers use that against him for changing standard and not being 100 percent just?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Unstopable, the God of the Bible isn's 100% just. He is merciful, which breaks justice. He is also vengeful, which is contradictory from mercy.

In life, I have learned to embrace the contradictions. It is God's contradictions I cannot accept, being that the God the Bible proposes isn't supposed to be contradictory.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

knowsnothing: my thought is how a person views being just. i dont see how being able to show mercy is oppisite to showing justice or being fully just. but if you feel different i respect that. i can not see the logic in that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit