non believers what if your wrong ?

by unstopableravens 546 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

What is funny about this topic, is that, besides nonbelievers being wrong (supposedly), many christians are also wrong. Ie, christians are continuously condemning, criticising and/or judging other christians. "They are christians, but they arent GOOD christians". How often do you hear that? There are NO christians existing that aren't condemned by some other christians. All 3 abrahamic religions are really bad for this type of judgy wudgy thinking. They are all their own worst enemies.

S

• tec
    tec

Works without faith do count

They do.

Love, compassion, mercy, forgiveness... these things are not limited to those who profess to have faith, and are not even a possession of some of those who profess to have faith.

Some have the law written upon their hearts.

It is also hard for some to see Christ (and therefore, God) through all the noise between man and Christ. (such as religion, rules, men/religions who claim to be/have the truth,themselves; the lies, the false teachings, the evil done in the name of Christ or God, etc, etc)

Peace,

tammy

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

PSacramento "I reminded him that belief in God and Christ is done out of love for them, not to get some reward ( though a reward may be the "icing on the cake")

The Christian view is admirable. Then again many people who do not believe in God do good works. For me a reward would be the cake and the icing on it but then I am a carnal creature.

• tec
    tec

One believer once asked me, if all it takes is "good works" why bother belieing in God and Christ?
    I reminded him that belief in God and Christ is done out of love for them, not to get some reward ( though a reward may be the "icing on the cake"), but why believe? what benefit may it have if all e need is "good works"?
    I quote Jesus via John:

“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and ( W ) believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and ( X ) does not come into judgment, but has ( Y ) passed out of death into life.

Truly, truly, I say to you, ( Z ) an hour is coming and now is, when ( AA ) the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who ( AB ) hear will live.

For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He ( AC ) gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;

and He gave Him authority to ( AD ) execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.

Do not marvel at this; for ( AE ) an hour is coming, in which ( AF ) all who are in the tombs will hear His voice,

and will come forth; ( AG ) those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Yes, to all of this. Can't think of anything to add.

Peace!

tammy

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" The warrior that trusts his path does not need to prove the other wrong."

I find great peace in this statement ~ caliber

I like it too.

A few days ago, with funds being tight, I asked an organization that had been so loving, kind and supportive to my family during our time in need the prior year, if they could help us with Thanksgiving. They said they would put us on the list and call us back. They didn't call back until yesterday morning after I bought what I could with what little money I had but I thought to myself this would be a blessing since I had run myself ragged and what foods we got would cut down on the work I have to do on turkey day. They said be there at 7:30pm, I was on time with my daughter. We went to the door, they greeted us warmly, I talked to the director who I hadn't seen in a few months and caught her up on our sussessfully getting a new apartment, she told me that the last six boxes were mine. I thanked her, packed up the boxes and took them home.

Got a surprise when I unpacked the boxes. As near as I can tell several families didn't show up to pick up their meals and I was given all that was left over. My frig isn't big enough for all that food and I needed and wanted to give some of it away. So my husband and I took a box down to my downstairs neighbor and asked if she and her family would like a box. I was so glad she agreed to take it. About an hour later I had to go pick up my oldest son and my neighbor was just pulling out. She thanked me again and told me that her father lived on skid row in our town, he didn't have much if any food and she was taking part of her box to him. I gave her another box. I was happy to do so, we didn't need all that food, and I so happy that someone in dire need is going to benefit too.

That made me feel good. That's empathy. I don't need a god with a carrot on a stick to make me feel or do it.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

wow i had no idea one question would turn into 15 plus pages of thoughts .

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks for sharing that MrsJones - surely this is the real meaning of the feeding of the 5000.

• caliber
    caliber

Mrs. Jones I have heard about your great understanding (your feet ) but what I see more clearly

is your huge heart !

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    The Christian view is admirable. Then again many people who do not believe in God do good works. For me a reward would be the cake and the icing on it but then I am a carnal creature

There is no need to believe in God or any gods to do good works and to do what we feel to be right.

Most of us have that built-in notion of what is right and correct.

So why believe in God?

That is a question that each believer and non-believer must ask of themselves and be satisified with the answer in their own minds.

For myself, I became a believer when soemthing "clicked" and it clicked at a time that I wasn't really searching or looking or anything really, BUT at a time where I was filled with much love and understanding.

I believe NOT because I have to or need to, but because I want to.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Sorry but I am giving one of those awards to PSacramento

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit