non believers what if your wrong ?

by unstopableravens 546 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DubR
    DubR

Wow this thread has become very popular! unstopableravens, thanks for replying to me and stating u would give my post (i think on page 5 or 6) a second look. I was where u are most likely before. There are like 5 stages/layers to break free/unbrainwash from religion for JWs. 1. Realize JWs are a greedy high control bloodguilty cult that only cares about growing. 2. Realize there are no "true religions" that exist. 3. Realize the multiple errors/contradictions in the bible.( http://freethoughtpedia.com/wiki/Bad_Bible_Advice ) 4. Learn Gods true nature in the OT that is overlooked in church /kingdom hall. 5. AND MOST IMPORTANT Decide if u will pick and choose bible scriptures; decide if u will live in fear of a God that no longer seems so just, loving, or sane.

I went through this entire process from Dec 08 thru Nov 09. It takes some decades to go from devout JW to an atheist. IAt the end of the day I will ALWAYS wonder how does this universe exis, how did species come to life on this planet, why do nationalities lool so different (ex:asains and africans), why do cockroaches and leeches AND mosquitoes exist; etc. but I know for a fact that the flawed word of man/God can NEVER answer these questions. Man/"God" tried really hard to but its just not a real answer. So at the end of the day will u say "DAYUM Yahweh commanded some sick, pervy, racist; dumb things that I will never agree with HE IS OBVIOUSLY MADEUP FROM OLE SICKOS"! Or u will say "i dont care, im too scared to question God sadistic ways plus that was years ago lol (and silently pray to him.) I personally use to luv Jehovah with all my heart (every exJW has) but the 0T changed all that. Just read it and thing if ur ma, grandma, daughter, sister; niece lived then. smh

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

For those who call themselves Christian... who follow and belong to Christ... there is only one 'place' to look for the Truth of God. His Image, Word, and Truth: Christ.

Not all Chrisitians agree with this statement.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Of course you could JUST look at Christ... instead of looking back (as Lot's wife did) and getting trapped under/blinded by the law all over again. This makes the most sense to me. Seek and know Him first... then all else will come.

Are you suggesting that people that look at the OT as part of their Christianity are like Lot's wife? I don't see any correlation at all here. Lot's wife looking back had nothing to do with the OT law. I find this an odd connection.

• tec
    tec

Some might say that another place to look, to get a good idea, would be love.

But you are correct of course, there are plenty who call themselves Christians... and not all of these would agree with that statement. I cannot claim to understand this because i do not, especially not if something else is in conflict with Christ and his teachings.

peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

They don't just call themselves Christians, they are Christians. You say just look to love, but then, I would have to believe you on that, since the bible is not the best place to go for information. There is no reason to conclude that the way you see this is the right way, and no reason to just trust you on that.

• tec
    tec

Are you suggesting that people that look at the OT as part of their Christianity are like Lot's wife? I don't see any correlation at all here. Lot's wife looking back had nothing to do with the OT law. I find this an odd connection.

It is perhaps a seemingly odd connection, but this is what occurred to me as i was reading through and then writing.

I saw it as more of a metaphor (i know our luck with metaphors, and i am not saying that it WAS a metphor, but it is simply what occurred to me)

Lot and his wife had been offered a way out of destruction and TO life... but Lot's wife still looked back to that which was NOT life.

If you have Christ (who is the life), then why look back at that which did not bring life, as if it might do so?

peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

hey don't just call themselves Christians, they are Christians.

That would depend upon your definition of Christian, wouldn't it? Not everyone who calls themselves a Christian IS a Christian.

Now if you define it as belonging to the religion of christianity, then you have a point. I define it as one who belongs to Christ... one is part of the Body of Christ. In spirit... not just in name.

You say just look to love, but then, I would have to believe you on that, since the bible is not the best place to go for information. There is no reason to conclude that the way you see this is the right way, and no reason to just trust you on that.

You don't have to conclude or to trust me on that, or anything. Far better than me, you could look to and listen to Christ, yourself. He is the truth, not me. But there is no reason that I should not speak or witness to Him. Sometimes something resonates with a person and they will ask, pray, or reason for themselves... and sometimes it does not resonate with a person.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Am also REALLY tired now and going to bed. So good night, NC. Talk tomorrow I'm sure (except it is your thanksgiving, correct?)

*little do all the americans know that we canadians are planning on taking over the forum while you're all stuffed with turkeys... the Brits and the Aussies and Kiwis and everyone else... well, they won't see it coming and won't be able to stop it. Canadians are just so darned nice... muahahaha... muhahahahHAHAHAHAHA... er, yeah, nice*

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Lot and his wife had been offered a way out of destruction and TO life... but Lot's wife still looked back to that which was NOT life.

If you have Christ (who is the life), then why look back at that which did not bring life, as if it might do so?

When I was a Christian, the OT was very important to me. Jesus quoted and read from it, and so, I figured, good enough for Jesus, good enough for me. I don't think I would have like the comparison to Lot's wife, and find it is not a valid comparison. Think of it this way. S & G had been judged, and were going to be wiped from the face of the earth. Nothing there of value. It was all going up in smoke. That is not true of the law. So it is a bad comparison. Jesus even said he did not come to take away the law but to fulfill it.

The irony of you using an OT story to say don't look back at it is not lost on me. LOL

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

That would depend upon your definition of Christian, wouldn't it? Not everyone who calls themselves a Christian IS a Christian.

I see. So you beieve that it is your job (and right) to define Christian, and other definitions are not valid, and that means, in a sense, it is you who decides fits your definition of Christian, and the other are not really Christians? I find that problematic. I don't think it's up to you to say such a thing. Think about it. When I was a JW, I was a Christian. Now, you likely will not agree, because you have decided the definition, but your definition is no more valid than mine. Right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit