non believers what if your wrong ?

by unstopableravens 546 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

snare no problem i know we have never meet so you dont know my style or lack of sytle whichever but i dont try to be negative so i hope im never rude to you. as though i meant that i dont care what you think because i value ur thoughts and that of others !

• cofty
    cofty

Eternity is not time it is eternity.

Anyway the question I care about is the other one...

Why can't god just forgive those that he chooses to forgive? Why did he have to have Jesus die a bloody violent death beofre he would/could forgive?

• sizemik
    sizemik
    if someone smokes pot for three days but goes to jail for 10 years.

I think that illustrates the point . . . time (the penalty) does matter . . . unless you think the above is fair and just as well.

But then Christ is doing your lag for you . . . so from that point of view it doesn't matter.

Which side of the equation is valid? . . . I would suggest neither.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

And you're predestined to be bad . . . how can that be a personal crime? It's an inevitability . . . determined to exist by God . . . not you.

Kind of like getting mad at a dog for being a dog, don't you think?

Time, Stop? We aren't even talking about time. When it is forever, time loses all meaning---it's not longer relevant.

We are talking about a god that could remain so angry at a person for a few pathetic years just throwing time aside and NEVER forgiving, never easing the suffering, never turning down the heat. That just doesn't make sense.

And then to say that if one humans get's tortured to death, THAT is equal to suffering without time, that doesn't make sense either!

Think about it. You are saying, that right this very minute, people are screaming in agony at the hands of an angry god, and yet this is a god of justice and love? Would you do such to your own child? Are you more moral than your god? I think you are. Nobody tortures a child nonstop for a transgression unless they are sick, deranged, or a psychopath. None of us define that as love.

Stop---it doesn't make sense, and you have not explained it at all. Torturing one human equals the suffering of an eternity in flames?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Eternity is not time it is eternity.

Posted over you, Cofty. I wish I could be as concise as you.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

siz mik the first issue you bring is dealt with at jude 4 people would try to do that buti believe that when a person id born again they would not try to find a loop whole to sin perpisly. the second thing i do believe in free will in such that we can make choses i do not believe that god force anyone to servr him. the third thing pick up your cross and follow me was not a punishment but it was let people know that they would be hated and have heartache because ppl hated christ so they would hate his folllowers.

• cofty
    cofty

I wish I could be as concise as you.

Scottish males tend to be laconic - unless we are drunk ;)

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Yeah, sorry i read it wrongly and only once, a lesson for me right there. Sorry xxx feel really bad.

Just to make up for it ill join the theists to appease my conscience.....

Hey atheists, if the bible is false...how come we can still go to eden now and visit the tree of good and bad!

Snare, slave of christ

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

It appears being a dick is in my genes....

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

new chapter like i said i hate the thought of hell so can i imagine doing that to anyone no i can not, not at all, no way and no! this is not proof that it is real or not. i will say this god would never burn his children in hell. the bible says we are all naturally children of wrath (eph 2:1-8) and it is only until a person becomes a child of god he stays a child of wrath (john 1:11-13) thats what the bible says. (john 3:36)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit