Faith... and Trust: The Same Things?

by AGuest 452 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Jesus flying into people and knocking them down is so ludicrous I don't think I need to say anything more about it.

Dude - it was metaphorical. Free your mind, bruh...

A slave of Christ,

SA

• tec
    tec

I also found that education beyond the 8th grade WAS NOT held in contempt.

Different perspectives and experiences then.

You don't disagree that higher education is frowned upon though. Or that the reading comprehension is just not there. For the reasons I stated... which probably vary from person to person, but the wts does tell its members what to think (certainly not to think for themselves).

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

More dishonesty (peace... truly... as I am not trying to insult you but only to get you to BE honest... about this and some other things, if you possibly can)? You are attempting to paint a situation where you've been falsely accused by asking for evidence NOT because you believe there isn't any (you know there is), but because you don't think I will present it (not that I cannot). Maybe you're right. Maybe you're not. Depends on how the wind blows tonight. Right now, you are right... because I'm not feeling petty enough to go make a search so as to "prove" anything on the matter. I don't have to. I know it's true... YOU know it's true... as to do most here. Besides, anyone one can do that just as well as I can, including you.

Please stop calling me dishonest. It isn't nice.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

You don't disagree that higher education is frowned upon though. Or that the reading comprehension is just not there.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said any such thing. I said that higher education if frowned on, but people still reached out for it. I NEVER even hinted that the reading comprehension is just not there. How many years of college do you think it takes to develop good reading comprehension skills? NONE. Got it?

I walk on eggshells, because if I challenge one your ideas too emphatically, the big guns come out. Cries of bullying, verbal abuse etc. I have held that it is proper to attack an idea, but that we should not attack the person. You have said that I should respect people's belief. So I watch. It turns out, that not only is it okay to disrespect other's beliefs (as that happens all the time from non-atheists) but it is also considered acceptable by some to attack intelligence.

JW's read these posts. They have been told that apostates lie about them. THEY know that most of them graduate high school with no resistance. I know that in individual families, things can't get weird, and parents are irresponsible---but JW's do not frown on education grades 9-12. Not at all.

Now I have challenged some ideas. I have criticized some actions. I have called out some misrepresentations. I am expecting the circus to begin. I hope I'm wrong.

• tec
    tec

I never said no such thing.

*jaw drops at this sentence formation*

:P

(just teasing you... going back to read your post now, lol)

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

*jaw drops at this sentence formation*

I never said they had a widespread reading comprehension problem. I said that they didn't, (have a problem) and challenged that notion. Exactly how was that unclear? You said, "you don't disagree that higher education is frowned on though. OR that the reading comprehension is just not there."

I never said the reading comprehension was not there. If I did, find it. I actually took issue with that statement. It was YOU who linked the higher education statement with the reading comprehension statement, so I expounded on higher education, and pointed out that the second part of your comment, that I didn't disagree was completely wrong, and opposite of what I said.

In fact, I even asked how many years of a college education was necessary to develop reading comprehension skills. Then I answered---which was NONE. Then I even asked, "got it?" Apparently you didn't. How much college education do you have?

• tec
    tec

I NEVER even hinted that the reading comprehension is just not there

Correct. You did not. My mistake, sorry. I should have placed a question mark at the end. I was imposing my thought onto you.

How many years of college do you think it takes to develop good reading comprehension skills? NONE. Got it?

I think it takes effort and a desire to understand... and perhaps also a lack of bias.

I walk on eggshells, because if I challenge one your ideas too emphatically, the big guns come out. Cries of bullying, verbal abuse etc. I have held that it is proper to attack an idea, but that we should not attack the person. You have said that I should respect people's belief. So I watch. It turns out, that not only is it okay to disrespect other's beliefs (as that happens all the time from non-atheists) but it is also considered acceptable by some to attack intelligence.

Yeah, I've been walking on eggshells too. No one is crying bullying though, and I don't think anyone is about to do so. No circus is coming to town :)

peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well that's good, although I've been repeatedly called dishonest---so we shall see.

• tec
    tec

Exactly how was that unclear?

NC, the sentence was poor grammar, wasn't it?

I never said no such thing.

I was just messin' with the 'sentence formation', thinking it was cute considering the topic... and not addressing your point. Just being a brat.

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

got it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit