Atheism's occult roots

by NoStonecutters 192 Replies latest jw friends

• NoStonecutters
    NoStonecutters

bohm, I better have gotten it right seeing as I made that illustration.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well, nostone, a few people have engaged you on your conclusions based on your research. You have stuck to your conclusions, we are satanists. You are the judge and the jury, apparently. And so, what should be done w us wicked atheists, if you were executioner, as well? If the church still had power like it did during the middle ages, what would you recommend be done w us satanists?

The official book for detection and treatment of satanists was/is Malleus Maleficarum, witches hammer, no doubt, you are aware of it. Interrogation and treatment, all manner of torture for the cure of satanism/witchcraft is prescribed, there. For simply being atheist, which you have firmly concluded is satanist, athiests should be tortured, killed, or exorcised? Ideally, would that be cool w you, if were judge, jury and executioner?

S

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Jeffro, the fact that you use an oxymoronic term like "Judaeo-Christian" shows you don't know much about Christianity or Judaism, thus, I don't know whether you are qualified to be making the comments you are making.

I really don't care what you think or imagine about me.

And the 'illustration' comparing 'Satanism' with 'Atheism' is a correlation fallacy. You do know 'Satan' isn't real? You do also know that 'Satanism' requires belief in the supernatural. These aspects of conveniently glossed over with some vague philosophical babble.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I really don't care what you think or imagine about me.

Well, I don't think you are qualified to make such a statment.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" And so, what should be done w us wicked atheists, if you were executioner, as well?"

I hear crickets.

• Berengaria
  • NoStonecutters
    NoStonecutters

You do also know that 'Satanism' requires belief in the supernatural.

Jeffro, do you see anything requiring belief in the supernatural in the nine Satanic statements?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of wasting love on ingrates.

Matches to

Undefined Source of morality.

This doesn't seem like a match to me. I don't even see the similarities. And our source of morality is not undefined.

Illumination only possible through science? Uhm-----------that's wrong.

Naturalism: repressing revenge not natural? I'm not sure how you would define 'natural' but if it is an emotion we experience it is natural. Atheists I know do repress this emotion, and so do some religious people. Wrong again.

Number 7: DARWINISM as compared to Satanism! You seem to think that accepting science leads to bad attitudes and bad behavior. Wrong again.

There is much more, but I'm tired. You are simply defining Atheism wrong. Here is the definition of Atheism. The understanding that there is no evidence for god. That's it. It's not a moral code, or lack of moral code. It's not science. It's not secular humanism. It's not sexual 'liberation'.

Each atheist will have a moral code they follow, and some will have a stricter code than others. Some will be generous and loving, some will be dickish. Atheism can't be all those things, because it does not come with a code. It's one sentence. What people do with that understanding is diverse, but most atheists I know are concerned with social justice, truth, and the damage that religion and god belief has done. But they don't have to be that way. Atheism is neutral.

You really are afraid of monsters under the bed.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Nostonecutters....did you get that picture off some silly creationist website?

They like to call EVOLUTION....Darwinism...they think it undermines the reality of it somehow. Because it keeps THEM back in Darwins era of understanding even though science has progress considerably since then. And proved evolution is a FACT.

Hate to tell you that...but it's true...it's not a conspiracy or anything. It's real.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Jeffro, do you see anything requiring belief in the supernatural in the nine Satanic statements?

Outside of belief in the supernatural, 'satanism' has no context. Despite that, you fully intend it to convey the stigma associated with the context of the 'supernatural'.

But what's worse is that it's just a list you've made up incorporating an equivocation fallacy that suits your own ends. It's trivial semantics, and it's not even representative of the actual meaning of the terms 'satanism' or 'atheist'.

It's also worth mentioning that LeVay's 'breed' of 'Satanism' is just a new-age religion made up in the 1960s that co-opted the convenient label.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit