Atheism's occult roots

by NoStonecutters 192 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    The Satanic statements do not require the Satanist to believe in the supernatural.

Ah... the supposed all-important 'Satanic' statements...

I hate having to repeat myself. But I will.

"It's also worth mentioning that LeVay's 'breed' of 'Satanism' is just a new-age religion made up in the 1960s that co-opted the convenient label."

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

LOL, I lived down the street from LeVay and his crew. Nutbags. You can't be an atheist and believe in satan.

• shamus100
    shamus100

This thread excites me in many ways... Monkeys are attracted to stupidity...

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Monkeys are attracted to stupidity...
    Watch out Monkey if you are excited by stupid, this thread may give you a heart attack.
  • Satanus
    Satanus

So, because of anton levay, all atheists are satanists? This is all his fault? How is this possible?

S

• NoStonecutters
    NoStonecutters

I love it, you guys are awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0dYFwUsySs

"Originally, the Church of Satan, when it was founded, was composed not of people with a hatred for Christianity but of people who, by and large, were agnostics and atheists."

Satanus, would I be correct in saying that while not all atheists are Satanists, all Satanists are atheists?

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Satanus, would I be correct in saying that while not all atheists are Satanists,'

These all and nothing statements are hardly ever true. Notice, i didn't say that they are never true? I would say that very few are.

'all Satanists are atheists?''

If your quote is accurate, then those satanists are, at least. Seems odd though, that all satanists would be atheist. There are other satanists besides anton levays groupies. Can they claim satan exists and that the chief character of that belief system doesn't? I suppose. Those church of satan guys may have been unstable wackjobs, anyway. I don't feel like researching them.

S

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    "Originally, the Church of Satan, when it was founded [in 1969], was composed not of people with a hatred for Christianity but of people who, by and large, were agnostics and atheists."

It's quite sad that 'NoStonecutters' is so tied up in the semantics of an insignicant new-age group from the 1960s that he's allowed their use of the word 'Satanist' to rewrite the entire actual history of the use of the term.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'm starting to wonder if he's playing us, having a go, as the brits would say.

S

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I'm starting to wonder if he's playing us, having a go, as the brits would say.

Could be he's havin' a go.

But I ain't a Brit. Can't change me location on this website, innit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit