Atheism's occult roots

by NoStonecutters 192 Replies latest jw friends

• NoStonecutters
    NoStonecutters

First of all, let me just say that this isn’t a copy-and-paste job. These are my own conclusions. I am going to be brief and to the point. These are ideas off the top of my head. If and when the thread develops, I can expand on these arguments in greater detail.

The Enlightenment era produced an explosion of atheism, based on Pythagorean mysticism and Newtonian physics, which tends to detach moral considerations from the complexity of human life and reduce it to mere mechanical or fluid motions. Enlightenment thought has reduced purposeful nature to a nature based on “anything goes”…echoed by occultist Aleister Crowley when he proudly proclaimed “do what thou wilt.” In other words, let your passions lead you accordingly. Where this contradicts the atheist’s delusion that atheism is truly liberating is when the atheist fails to see that “liberated” men and women can and are led by their passions by external forces. In other words, those who control the stimuli can and do control the stimulated. The atheists have dumped the alleged repression of religion and replaced it with another hierarchal system of social control—the Illuminati power structure, which holds a monopoly over said stimuli.

Virtually all of the leading Enlightenment thinkers were Freemasons or occultists. The onus is on the researcher to find an Enlightenment thinker who wasn’t involved in the occult. Freemasonry is a religion, as Albert Pike stated, so what’s it all got to do with atheism? Why would Masonic religionists popularize a seemingly anti-theist point of view? The only logical answer can be atheism’s use in revolution. And whether it was during the Masonic-led French revolution or 33 rd degree Freemason Vladimir Lenin’s nihilistic communist state, atheism was instrumental in overthrowing throne and altar.

Atheism also shares a fundamental association with the occult, specifically Kabbalism. They both seek to create heaven on earth through their respective interpretations of the concept. In either scenario, the goal is to attain a god-like level of enlightenment (illumination) so that one can manipulate nature (magic) according to one’s own desires. In Kabbalism, gnosis and incantation are the vehicles by which to bring heaven; in atheism, gnosis via “science” is the vehicle to bring utopia (heaven).

• NewChapter
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Total bollocks.

• oldregretfuljwx2
    oldregretfuljwx2

ANY belief in ANY god is more occult than atheism.

• Satanus
    Satanus

;)

S

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hm if I don't quite believe in god why in the world would I switch to the devil? Makes no kind of sense.

• NoStonecutters
    NoStonecutters

mrs.jones, Satanism and the occult don't worship Satan per se. It's about self-worship, or elevating man's sovereignty above all else. This is the heart of the occult. Atheism seeks to elevate man's sovereignty through acquiring scientific knowledge, the same way occultists seek to manipulate nature through acquiring gnosis and using it for magic.

I think it's unreasonable to assume that Enlightenment thought wasn't influenced by the prevalance of Freemasonry and the occult in 17th and 18th century academia.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Atheism grew out of roots in the occult. True enough. Atheists would hope we attain a better earth through science and knowledge- that is generally true enough.

Thanks for the laugh.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'elevating man's sovereignty above all else. This is the heart of the occult. Atheism seeks to elevate man's sovereignty through acquiring scientific knowledge,'

Sounds good, to me. Subjection to a noshow or absent god seems dumb.

One thing, though. Occult means hidden. Biblegod is in hiding. By defintion, he is occult.

S

• still thinking
    still thinking

I'm almost speachless....that it one of the silliest things I've ever read....LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit