Survey: Who here is an atheist? Who here still believes in God?

by Christ Alone 295 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

I now consider myself as a spiritual atheist and by that I mean their could be more to life than we are aware of (higher powers/intelligence in the universe ) but definetly not a God as defined in the Bible or any other religous works.

smiddy

• ziddina
    ziddina

Definite atheist.

Oh, and She-Devil...

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I do not believe in God. I do however believe that we are all part of an energy source.

I like what NewChapter had to say and agree with it. I have found since I have left the belief of god behind, I still hold fast to morality, I am actually a lot more spiritual (I don't believe that you need to believe in god to be spiritual) I have more respect and love for life and my fellow man than ever before, because I know it is up to us to change. WE have to take responsibility for our actions and not blame it on a devil or wait for a god to open the way - all of that is in our own hands - so in a sense you are your own god.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Looking at LouBelle's comment:

"...WE have to take responsibility for our actions and not blame it on a devil or wait for a god to open the way - all of that is in our own hands - so in a sense you are your own god."

Interesting aspect...

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Firm believer.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Believer (until proved otherwise).

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Elderelite, I did read it and should have realised - my apologies. I agree, this subject is no joke, may the force be with you.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

How I would love to believe in a super sky daddy who loves me and will make my life wonderful and give me everything I desire and put right all the wrongs in the universe but the evidence is just not there and until it is.........atheist.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

We are still in to slapping labels on eachother, which causes problems "Oh he only thinks that way because he is a .....", and the persons opnion is thus dismissed. I do not think it really matters what label we attach to ourselves, our thoughts, feelings opinions etc etc are all still valid and worth discussing.

I do love Brizzy's label though, works for me, an "Apatheist", one who doesn't care if there is a god or not.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lol UA ;) Thank you. The force will be with me. Always.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit