Survey: Who here is an atheist? Who here still believes in God?

by Christ Alone 295 Replies latest jw friends

• Etude
    Etude

Christ Alone: "Yeah, I guess most agnostics say that you "can't" know, but there "may" be something out there."

In essence, you are right. Technically, an agnostic neither believes nor disbelieves the existence of God (and a few other things) because there is an inherent impediment that keeps us from conclusively determining that existence or non-existence. Consequently, some agnostics will leave the possibility open for the existence of a supreme being and other agnostics discount it all-together with the caveat that we can't prove it and know for sure.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Belief or non-belief are simply states of mind and alter nothing in reality.

My position is that I don’t actually wish to be defined or hold beliefs about things of which I know nothing.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Which god? Please clarify....oh never mind. I don't believe in any of them...LOL

I would like to know how many christians here believe in all the other gods.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Think that the posters should answer the original question!

i did in my op.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I do believe.

I do not believe in a god who prefers any religion or has a preference for only "good" human beings.

I believe god is very disappointed in many who claim to be devout.

I leave the possibility open to more than one god or goddesses.

I like the concept of the Great Spirit.

I don't believe God judges earthlings harshly, even the seemingly evil ones. We don't know what makes mean people tick. I believe God does though. I believe that if men and women can be brilliant scientists, then God would put them to shame at science. I believe God is love. I don't believe he has a holy book. I believe in the end, good will win.

I am a universalist. When I go to church it is to the Episcopal Church. I was raised in the Episcopal Church.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Atheist and also apatheist (i.e., on the very slim chance the existence of a deity-esque something was discovered and proven, given its utter remoteness and non-interference up until this point, it would not make one whit of difference in the way I live my life).

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I'm an atheist, but I would like to be a believer.

Being an atheist is very boring. (In Australia, at least.)

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL trans...come to NZ

• WatchTowerofBabel
    WatchTowerofBabel

I'm a believer... Though I wish I wasn't from time to time.

I can't intelectually justify my belief in a "God" all that well, but that doesn't stop me having one. (Proverbs 22 v 6)

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

I am a believer, but I recognize that I have a lot to learn about God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit